Overeem rematches Stipe for #1 HW contender?

I favor Miocic in a rematch as well Nganou is awesome but if his main tool doesn't work there is not much skill he can rely on. Miocic is too durable. He can knock him out cold though. Like he can do to anyone . Pure beast.

I mis-read the thread title.

It happens.

Stipe hasn't played this well at all. He's leaps and bounds ahead of 99% of this roster, nothing wrong with earning a couple of pay days before a rematch. Hell if he did that he'd probably have forced the UFC's hand by now.

Sure, I'd be interested in that rematch. Too bad Stipe won't be.

By the way what the guy that made this post suggested isn't true. Overeem didn't expect a titleshot immediately after his next win. If he wins He was kind of humble about it and said there would be no mentioning of a ts untill he wins the next fight. Meaning he expect to be two fights away from a ts

Dude just wants to fight and puts his ass on the line every time he does

Francis vs JDS is the #1 contenser fight, Saltpe should fight Curtis Blaydes or Volkov.

Francis vs JDS is the #1 contenser fight, Saltpe should fight Curtis Blaydes or Volkov.
Reem is fighting Volkov next. Miocic should get Blaydes. Miocic will probably try to sit it out and wait for an immediate ts.

It's funny, people want Stipe to fight someone, anyone again

But that's an automatic win for him. Francis and cormier really the only guys posing a threat to Stipe

Why waste the time

No such thing as an automatic win in Heavyweight. But even if it was, a paycheck is never unwelcome, and at least he'd have a win so people would stop bitching about him thinking he should get a TS off a loss.

No such thing as an automatic win in Heavyweight. But even if it was, a paycheck is never unwelcome, and at least he'd have a win so people would stop bitching about him thinking he should get a TS off a loss.
They don't want him to fight for the title period. Majority of these guys still won't want the Cormier rematch no matter what Stipe does.

Overeem is an elite HW only because there's only 4-5 guys who are better than him. He's a non elite LHW from the 00's. Would rather give Blaydes that opportunity if they insist on making Stipe fight. Overeem is just like JDS and Ngannou, Stipe beat him already. By putting JDS and Ngannou in what is basically a title eliminator, they are by default saying Overeem is behind those guys in line and I agree with that JDS has the old Stipe win and Ngannou has shown he's better than everyone but DC and Stipe. IMO Overreem should be behind Blaydes too.

Stipes next fight should be DC. A lot less entitled people get immediate rematches. Now we have the longest defended champ not get a rematch? Bizzare.

It’s not like dc was working him for 5 rounds.

He caught it. Can happen to anyone at heavyweight.
He must’ve pissed off Dana.

They don't want him to fight for the title period. Majority of these guys still won't want the Cormier rematch no matter what Stipe does.

Sure, but it still would lessen the punch of arguments based on not wanting immediate rematches, fighting off a loss, Stipe feeling "entitled" etc.

EDIT Just came across this tweet. Has nothing whatsoever to do with the thread topic but I found it amusing...

Sure, but it still would lessen the punch of arguments based on not wanting immediate rematches, fighting off a loss, Stipe feeling "entitled" etc.

EDIT Just came across this tweet. Has nothing whatsoever to do with the thread topic but I found it amusing...

Getting the immediate rematch would also lessen that punch

I'm sure you've seen me say I just want him to fight again soon. I want to hear that piano melody in the arena before he walks out. Doesn't matter a ton to me who it is, although it'd be nice to have the belt back home.

It Stipe is looking to reclaim his belt and it appears that Dana isn’t gonna just give him another title shot. Overeem said he thinks his win over Alexey Oleynik last night puts him 1 fight away from a title shot.

Why not have Overeem and Stipe rematch for #1 HW contender and that winner fights the winner of Lesnar vs Cormier for the HW belt?

It would especially be interesting if Overeem beat Miocic because it would set up a rematch with Lesnar (if Lesnar took the HW strap from DC) and rubber match with Stipe.
No interest. stipe ko's reem.
it should be the winner of ngannou and dos santos vs cormier or stipe.

Back