Overeem rematches Stipe for #1 HW contender?

I would pick Miocic to win again but it seems Stipe wont accept any fight different than title fight.

It Stipe is looking to reclaim his belt and it appears that Dana isn’t gonna just give him another title shot. Overeem said he thinks his win over Alexey Oleynik last night puts him 1 fight away from a title shot.

Why not have Overeem and Stipe rematch for #1 HW contender and that winner fights the winner of Lesnar vs Cormier for the HW belt?

It would especially be interesting if Overeem beat Miocic because it would set up a rematch with Lesnar (if Lesnar took the HW strap from DC) and rubber match with Stipe.
I think Stipe takes this 8 times out of 10.

This make sense. While Cormier faces the winner (JDS/Ngannou).

Stipes next fight should be DC. A lot less entitled people get immediate rematches. Now we have the longest defended champ not get a rematch? Bizzare.

It’s not like dc was working him for 5 rounds.

He caught it. Can happen to anyone at heavyweight.
This is such dumb logic any way you see it, he got knocked the fuck out in just 1 round. Nothing more definitive than that. How often do you see champions get rematches from that?

He had 3 defenses, so did Woodley and nobody is giving him a rematch. Stipe having more defenses than any other HW just talks about the division having less epic fighters than the welterweight division, not about him being special. Again, not Woodley's problem.

But the worst thing here is that you are supporting a guy who is deciding to not fight to not lose and drop in the rankings and is happy to whine and wait for a titleshot without doing anything in the meantime. Ngannou knocked out a top contender in Blaydes in 1 round and also a former champion in seconds. If he beats JDS, then he EARNED that titleshot. If JDS wins then he beat 2 former challengers in a row and also deserves it.

Stipe can sit and wait for another year until there are no challengers in the division that deserve it, just like Raquel Pennington did.

It's pointless

First round finish again. Overeem landed a single significant strike and was otherwise completely out classed standing and then treated like a baby on the ground. Curtis blaydes has since treated him the same way.
Being a fanboy is one thing. Having no respect for the rest of the heavy weight division is something else All top heavyweights post a threat to each other. Even Overeem confirmed the same yesterday. Only fanboys think otherwise. That their fighter is this unbeatable hw machine. If someone like struve can knock you out. Any current top 10 heavy weight can.

What Miocic and all other fighters have going for them is that they have been in the game so very shortly. So I favor almost all top guys versus Overeem.

However any heavy weight can win on a given night.

Stipes next fight should be DC. A lot less entitled people get immediate rematches. Now we have the longest defended champ not get a rematch? Bizzare.

It’s not like dc was working him for 5 rounds.

He caught it. Can happen to anyone at heavyweight.
Fuck. Immediate. Rematches.

Stipe needs to win a fucking fight. You can't use precedent in the UFC and you know it. I used to make all kinds of arguments based on precedent, but I've given up.

The UFC have made so many ridiculous exceptions and then denied equally deserving fighters.

Being a fanboy is one thing. Having no respect for the rest of the heavy weight division is something else All top heavyweights post a threat to each other. Even Overeem confirmed the same yesterday. Only fanboys think otherwise. That their fighter is this unbeatable hw machine. If someone like struve can knock you out. Any current top 10 heavy weight can.

What Miocic and all other fighters have going for them is that they have been in the game so very shortly. So I favor almost all top guys versus Overeem.

You missed it.

He was claiming he was "green" back then when he lost to JDS.

Overeem did not impress anybody yesterday

Save Overeem vs. Stipe for a title fight. Let Overeem fight the man whom he wants to fight next, whom he was going to fight. Let Stipe fight Cormier, whom he wants to fight next. If Stipe wins, and Overeem wins, there's your Overeem vs. Stipe fight. (If Stipe loses, Cormier retires anyway, leaving the title vacant; then Stipe can still fight Overeem for the belt.)

Overeem did not impress anybody yesterday
He didn't impress me either But I know the heavy weight coin can fall any way on any given night. Your extreme miocic nutthugging is delusional. Only shows you have been watching the game for a very short period. In many ways you are green like Miocic in that way. This isn't father weight. Ko's can happy at any moment versus anyone Again what helps Miocic is that he practically just figths once a year

The first fight was practically scored 50-40.

Unless Ngannou bought a gastank, no one is interested in seeing a rematch.
I favor Miocic in a rematch as well Nganou is awesome but if his main tool doesn't work there is not much skill he can rely on. Miocic is too durable. He can knock him out cold though. Like he can do to anyone . Pure beast.

Yes, it wasn't the pride days where you could jump in with limited training and skills and he a top guy

No, it's just the UFC days where you can go from being "green" to winning the title 2 fights and 15 months later....

<36>

Reem is going to have brain damage i fear and may already. or some damage for sure.

would love to see him as HW champion

Back