Overeem (Rampage) > JDS (Chuck Lidell) > Cain (Tito Ortiz)

Overeem lost to Chuck. Rampage beat chuck. This thread fails.

Overeem lost to chuck cause he was a 22 yr old kid, with not nearly the experience of chuck. Anyone who compares Overeem of today to his past days in pride are complete morons. Chuck wouldn't make it out of the 1st round of the K1 grand prix.

Nah, he's really not at Juniors level. He would probably win a bodybuilding competition though.

Not at Juniors level? Really? Really? Jds is a decent mma boxer. Overeem is the last man to win the K1 grand prix championship. I think you mean, jds isn't at Overeem's level. Theres one thing certain in life. you put a good boxer against a good kickboxer, muay tai guy, the boxer will almost always lose.

Not at Juniors level? Really? Really? Jds is a decent mma boxer. Overeem is the last man to win the K1 grand prix championship. I think you mean, jds isn't at Overeem's level. Theres one thing certain in life. you put a good boxer against a good kickboxer, muay tai guy, the boxer will almost always lose.

This gif fucks your post to shit.

KharitonovOvereem1.gif

Overeem lost to chuck cause he was a 22 yr old kid, with not nearly the experience of chuck. Anyone who compares Overeem of today to his past days in pride are complete morons. Chuck wouldn't make it out of the 1st round of the K1 grand prix.

PEDs have more to do with his improvement than skill or experience does.

This thread made me realise that we never got to see Tito vs Rampage.

I agree TS may have brought up a reasonable comparison. However, it doesn't prove anything because at the same time, there are tons of differences. Anyway, chuck may be famous for sprawl n brawl, but lots of fighters utilize this tactic in their fights.

Yep, cus PEDs make you much more technical, a harder puncher, and a K-1 champion. Makes awesome sense...

They did it for him. Do you really think scrawny Overeem could have won the K-1 GP?

Reem is one point was one of the best HW kick boxers in the world...I can count on one hand how many times page has used kicks

2012 Overeem = great counter-striker, lots of brute strength, can toss someone down to GNP if need be
2004 Rampage = great counter-striker, lots of brute strength, can toss someone down to GNP if need be

2012 JDS = wrestler nightmare, great TDD + KO artist
2004 Chuck = wrestler nightmare, great TDD + KO artist

2012 Cain = great wrestler, great GNP, lots of cardio
2004 Tito = great wrestler, great GNP, lots of cardio

Not bad TS. Only question is Overeem's chin. Hard to compare to Rampage's I'm sure (one reason why Rampage was such a good match up against Chuck... may not be the case with Overeem against JDS). Also, hilarious how little Sherdog understands an analogy. How else to explain the random talk of the real Overeem against the real Chuck in 2003 haha...

Last edited:
I think JDS is an absolute nightmare for Overeem. I think that Overeem's MMA striking isn't THAT good. I'm not trying to take away anything from Overeem (I'm a fan of both fighters) but, anytime anyone was the aggresser against Overeem he reacts timidly. Take the boxing exchanges between him and Brock. He was stalking Brock but Brock still did damage with these exchanges, and if Brock can do that, consider what JDS can do with his boxing. Look through Overeems fights with Shogun, Chuck and also Werdum. He was outstruck. Werdum could have beat him if he didnt keep going to guard. Basically any time anyone forces Overeem on the defence, he doesnt react well. Also Overeem has a suspect chin. I see JDS getting a 1st round KO.

lol i like it even though it probably makes no sense

That shot had more power than JDS's shot on Cain, and Reem handled it better.

Also TKO is not a KO

Good point and I will add that it took mulitiple bombs thrown by Chuck to finish Overeem and I think Chuck had more power in his shots than JDS.

Back