Overeem punching technique

Lateral acceleration of his fists

I’m not exactly sure what you’re asking but He seems to not follow through with his hooks much these days. The punches often seem to just bounce off his opponents

I’m not exactly sure what you’re asking but He seems to not follow through with his hooks much these days. The punches often seem to just bounce off his opponents

I mean he has no snap

They are like push-punches

He's still thinking defensively, even when on the offensive.

I mean he has no snap

It depends on the opponent and his brain being on or off.

Against Mark Hunt he had the perfect game plan against a dangerous puncher.

He fought like an idiot against Ngannou and again last night. He's almost running away from his opponent while he's punching. I thought he was going to get knocked out sooner but Rozenstruik is so incredibly limited it took awhile to actually get the KO

That left the commentators went nuts over, didn't even have much on it. It landed at the end of his reach. Looked good in live time, but he was pulling back. Like Al's striking against Khabib

The guy is a shell. What did he throw, like 15 punches the entire fight? His Left Straight was on target, but lacked the last 10% of commitment. Kicks looked good also, but only threw a handful.

At this point, it's obvious that he is out there to collect $800K paychecks with the least amount of damage. No fire. Good for him on the contract, but it's basically rolling the dice every fight for more brain damage at HW, specially against these hungry doods (Blaydes and Rozenstruik most recently).

Its strange because he used to be technical clean..

Its strange because he used to be technical clean..

He has the most mileage of all fighters right now in the UFC. The levels of training / fighting in his life is more than the absolute majority of MMA fighters ever reach.

Overeem has fought since 17 and never stopped while stepping upagainst world class opponents at a very young age. Overeem in fight years is a very very old man.

His technical skill is fine as hell. The best overall skillset in MMA, but he cant implement it anymore in a fight.

He has the most mileage of all fighters right now in the UFC. The levels of training / fighting in his life is more than the absolute majority of MMA fighters ever reach.

Overeem has fought since 17 and never stopped while stepping upagainst world class opponents at a very young age. Overeem in fight years is a very very old man.

His technical skill is fine as hell. The best overall skillset in MMA, but he cant implement it anymore in a fight.
Yes, if he planted his feet and threw heavy shots Rozenstruik would have just ate it and countered at some point. If Reem still had a decent chin he could have been UFC champion at some point.

I mean he has no snap

He throws what works for him. Your body isn't the same as everyone's, and you can see how big his arms are now still for his diminished body. He used to throw a lot of hooks and have "better" striking technique wise when he was on the roids, because his body was tight enough to throw them fast enough. Right now his straights work better and his hooks are labored and putting him into very dangerous situations, so he avoid throwing them.

Hes defending the counter before his punch lands

Back