Overeem Overcoming Adversity

He wasn't hurt, but I still wouldn't go on relying on that turtle strategy he does.

It's so dangerous to stand still in one position, hoping a bomb doesn't get through.

I feel like I saw something very different than most people. Overeem got hit in the head like 1-3 times that fight, he blocked everything else or it was a body shot that didn't impact him. He fought smart, avoided taking any big shots, and used his clinch to land devestating knees and finished with GnP.

From what I got from the post fight interview he was happy defending against the Cage but his team didn't like it one bit. He said he'd make changes for the next fight.

Aleksei is a sloppy striker but he’s still strong as an ox.

I don’t quite believe Overeem that he never got staggered and it wouldn’t have surprised me in the least of he had been put to sleep (by a punch).

Aleksei is a sloppy striker but he’s still strong as an ox.

I don’t quite believe Overeem that he never got staggered and it wouldn’t have surprised me in the least of he had been put to sleep (by a punch).

When did you see him get staggered? I know he can easily be but I didn't see it happen against Aleksei.

sure looked like he was hurt, he used to do the same in kickboxing when he was hurt

Back