Overeem NSAC hearing scheduled for Jan 8th

I wonder how many random tests he ended up taking if any from the NSAC?

I think it's hilarious that they gave the UFC permission to go ahead and book/market Bigfoot/Overeem even though he's not licensed. Seems to be they are already giving him a pass.

umm. Noone has to give the UFC permision to market and promote. Overeem needs a license to fight. He is not even the co-main event so he will just get pulled from the card if he doesn't get licecnsed.

Man, I cannot wait until a top HW knocks Reem out. Sherdog will be shut down for a week.

the Reem will get his licence.
the Reem will beat JDS. despite JDS being a great fighter hes just not on his level.
and the Reem will solidify his spot as the #1 P4P fighter in the world.

I expect all of these things to transpire.

But I don't believe Dos Santos vs. Overeem is a mismatch. It's a winnable fight for both.

It's fairly easy to break down strategy. Dos Santos needs to stick and move, work his jab and look for opportunities to throw power punches. Overeem should throw leg licks when Dos Santos is on the outside and work his way inside to throw punches and knees. He can be very effective in the clinch after he has cut off the Octagon and gotten Junior's back against the cage.

Then there are X-Factors like the ground game. Overeem has vicious ground and pound and excellent submissions. Overeem is good at ragdolling and tripping opponents. Junior has good takedowns himself. Its a very interesting fight and a good matchup.

As per Keith Kizer at the NSAC - Alistair Overeem has officially applied for his fight license, hearing will be Jan 8th. #UFC #MMA

Found this on twitter.

I think he'll get approved without any problems, but I'm curious if they stipulate more random tests.

Thoughts?

I hope they force him to take random tests, and give him his first one on the spot.

Definitely he'll be approved, but that would be nice if they force to play it straight, for once.

Ubereem only gets to be top P4P if he takes the winner of this

I'm not going to defend Overeem. I think he was clearly guilty but people seem to forget that Lesnar avoided his test for nearly 2 weeks claiming he wasn't near any clinic.

As bad as that is, it's not as bad as Overeem literally running away and jumping into a car when he was told there was going to be a random drug test. Kizer had to chase him down and told him it would be an automatic fail if he left.

He knew he was on something or he wouldn't have ran. Such is drugs and sports though.

You don't look like Tanaka.

He should get his licnse. I actually hope they don't put in any stipulation for random testing...and then test him a week later anyway.

He should get his licnse. I actually hope they don't put in any stipulation for random testing...and then test him a week later anyway.

I would laugh my ass off if they did that.

the Reem will get his licence.
the Reem will beat JDS. despite JDS being a great fighter hes just not on his level.

This is the correct answer

He better get his license.

Back