Overall opinion of DC?

Him Jones and Gus are top 3. Jones obv. no 1 atm.

I also think that he doesn't deserve to be called "black Fedor" after his fight with Jones.

I'd add Rumble to the list of top LHW's

definitely can't be called Black Fedor any longer

He is a very good(not great) fighter and deserves a lot of respect for giving his best effort forth.

I'd add Rumble to the list of top LHW's

definitely can't be called Black Fedor any longer

He is a very good(not great) fighter and deserves a lot of respect for giving his best effort forth.

I agree. Maybe it would have been different if he started MMA earlier or something. But he doesn't go all out like his Russian Cyborg counterpart.

Rumble might surprise us, who knows. He looks promising for sure.

Really good fighter, did very well against Jones considering that neither length, age nor 5-round experience was in his favour. Definite top 5. Has several insteresting matchups available depending on the results from the next two months. (Rashad-Glover, Davis-Bader fights)

He's great, don't judge him off this fight.

Jones has been very dominant at LHW over everyone but Gus, the one guy who is as long as Jones. DC was facing massive physical hurdles, I mean giving up 12 inches of reach is silliness.

i was hyping and hoping in the run up to this fight that cormier could pull it off. but as it grew closer i started to think along the lines of, how could he possibly be as good as jones?

jones last 8 fights before the cormier fight were for the belt. cormier has looked great but you need that level of competition to grow as a fighter. jones has had that learning experience over and over, and gotten better each time, whereas dc had maybe only fought two guys of possible title contention caliber, barnett and bigfoot. and heavyweight is a much thinner weight category than LHW.

it remains to be seen whether dc can get some more of the right kind of experience in time to "level up" and face jones again, or whether he is too old now. i also gather dc has been needing a knee op for some time, which could probably take a year out of his career as well : /

poor sod, he really does have incredible potential but maybe arrived too late

Thought he would have changed his attitude after Jones beat him. But when he retweeted Askren, I knew he was still a douchebag.

It's crazy how as elite as dc is, Jones won that fight before it even started. DC was full of hate and anger, and just wanted to punish this kid. You could tell in the second he wanted to swarm him and be extremely violent. I think Jones is spot on when he says his anger made him lose focus.

I think if he leaves emotions and pride outside of the cage, he does a lot better next time.

I'm a fan, I was gutted to see him so down. Hopefully he can get his head together so he can be the great all his fans know he can be.

I dunno anymore I may have got caught up in the hype. He beat a lot of legit heavy weights but I'm not sure if he has the cardio to hang at lhw. I will need to see another fight to know for sure

I dunno anymore I may have got caught up in the hype. He beat a lot of legit heavy weights but I'm not sure if he has the cardio to hang at lhw. I will need to see another fight to know for sure

for what its worth, dc said that one of the hard shots he took to the body really took a lot out of his cardio. similar thing happened recently in werdum-browne, thought this pic was amazing

6nDouZX.jpg

When I watched the fight with Bones DC did exactly what I predicted he would do the first 2 rounds at least. He showed superior boxing and the ability to hit and do damage he had Jones rocked a few times and lost-but Jones...

No he fucking didnt. Jones was never rocked. Some of those uppercuts landed well but Jones was never truly rocked. 1/10

He lost to the GOAT = He needs to change weight classes !

Come on man hes top 5

He lost to the GOAT = He needs to change weight classes !

Come on man hes top 5

Never said he needs to change weight classes. He could change a few things in camp and come back and be the best ever. We will see in time.

I never even thought about the weight cut. That could of been what slowed him down towards the end of the fight.

Back