Over/Under: Trump Sour Grapes by 9/11

September 11 Sour Grapes

• Total voters
It's kind of circular. Clinton gets the hatred she does because she's a Democrat, and the GOP has been cultivating a base of really hateful people. Obama was equally hated (it's only receding now because he's no longer running for office--remember how popular Clinton was when she wasn't running for office), and any Democratic candidate, regardless of personal characteristics or policy positions, would be very hated by the GOP base. So you have that hard 40% or so (might be a little higher, might be a little lower).
The hatred for Hildog goes well beyond her being a Democrat. She's a known shill, known panderer, has an inconsistent voting record, as many skeletons in her closet as any politician(on the "left"), and rode her husband's political career to the top. Not to mention superficial stuff, eg having an annoying voice and total lack of charisma. She's the worst candidate the Dems have put up in decades; maybe ever. If she manages not blow this one, she'll likely be one-and-done anyway.

In 2021 Trump gives a TV interview and looks the interviewer in the eyes and says dead serious" What do you mean? I never run for president"

I dont think he will give up, he is still in it mostly because of what a bad candidate Hillary is. If it were Biden or Kerry for example it would be over by now.
But Hillary herself is always close to the end. Just one of her many scandals needs to pick up speed.

If Trump can come close enough again, and voters will see more of Hillary when it comes close to the election he has got a chance.

It's not the appropriate place to post that. Please go poopy in the potty. If it will help you, I'm selling Make America Brown Again toilet liners. Tell your parents you have to have them.
What, your Make America Mexico again is not selling as you had hoped?

whats with all these articles and social media claiming trump is gonna drop out? that all you got?

<43>

I put over, but the only thing about trump I know is that he will be hard to predict, his fans will follow no matter what, and independents (the so called brainiacs of the American system) will make up their minds at the last second based on how much they don't like Hillary vs how much trump talks himself into defeat.
A man who brings critical though and insight to the left. Hats off to you, good sir.

giphy.gif

@Palis/Dr J 2016

I'm setting a date when I think Trump will first make a public statement about his presidential candidacy that is equivalent to sour grapes. I'm giving it until about 3 weeks after the Olympics, which is still 2 weeks before the first debate is scheduled. Over or under?

I chose the date because if Trump makes it to 9/11 without giving up, he'll be riding the 15th anniversary scaremongering into the debate, which will be a momentum boost. I think it's 50/50 that he all but taps out before then, though.

There will be a day when Trump says something like, "They wanted me to be president, but I was too busy." But it'll be after the election.

Trump's racism and transparent (to us) con is what makes him palatable to about 40% of Americans.

Yeah, that too. Lots of stupid voters. Doesn't really say anything about the other candidate that 40% or so are voting for someone like Trump. Obama's been the best president in the past 50 years, at least, but if he could run again, Trump would still get that 40% or so (Obama's numbers would be a little better than Clinton's but not much).

There's a huge contingent of GOP people trying to get him to either step down or stop acting like an idiot....

I predict he's (for the most part) going to clean up his act and play it safe, but will ultimately lose his shit when it's clear the election is Hillary's and he feels betrayed by the GOP because he did what they said and he still lost.

I think 9/11 is too soon for this good boy / defeat / rage cycle to complete, so I'll have to vote for after Sep. 11.

But I don't know enough about betting to know if that's a vote for over or under.

How does it feel to absolutely suck?

How does it feel to be absolutely wrong?

How does it feel to be absolute losers?

How does Trump's peepee taste?

<{nope}>
<{Joewithit}>

Poor Fawlty. I wonder if he's still having trouble sleeping and if he has half the WR on ignore.

more evidence liberals shouldn't be taken seriously

Lol. Wishful thinking.

Can someone post the list of times that trumps campaign has been declared dead by the talking heads in a box?

Mark my words, a week before the debate, trump will release a swath of detailed policy proposals, like he just did on infastructure spending. Real policy, and clinton will end up getting sucked into a mudslinging competition, and lose.
trump won the election and liberals are still holding out hope that the electoral college won't vote him in. liberals are fucking morons

Fawlty and JVS need to be put out of their misery.

Nice bump! This is a good phase to go through -- the dredging of the prediction threads. It will help us all heal.

Back