Over Under that Mcgregor Gasses Again? Kavanagh Says CM Has American Muscle Car Engine

Hardkore

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/1...-mcgregor-has-800-horsepower-5-liter-american

"Each fighter has his own personality, and I’ll model the training camp based around their personality," Kavanagh said during a spot on The MMA Hour on Monday. "Some fighters you can tell them what to do, and set down a certain schedule. Some you can’t. And with Conor, he has his way of doing things, and it’s hard to argue with somebody who’s going out and knocking out legends in 13 seconds. So his system was working very well for him. But, it obviously didn’t in the last fight. So, we said look, what’s the definition of insanity…it’s doing the same thing and expecting different results. So we changed things up."

"I’m lucky that I have a good friend for a long time, he’s actually the guy behind the camera of TheMacLife," he told Ariel Helwani. "He’s an ex-professional cyclist. I reached out to him and his teammate from back in the day who is now a doctor, and there’s not much they don’t know about human performance. Being a cyclist, it’s not the most technically demanding sport, as compared to say mixed martial arts…in general there’s not a lot to it, other than having a huge engine. It’s about your VO2, it’s about your heart and your cardiovascular system. So, Dana [White] helped him make a machine, and that’s what we’ve spent the last 17, 18 weeks doing, is upgrading Conor’s engine.
Now it’s a super-charged, 800 horsepower, five-liter American muscle car type engine." - John Kavanagh

So do you believe the marketing job that Kav is doing?

And do you think Mcgregor gasses again? I'm betting he will, Mcgregor won't be completely drained like last fight, but he'll be at the brink of compete exhaustion by Nate's pace, clinch fighting, grappling, and strikes.

Here's hoping...

conor-fans-get-flight-turned-around.jpg

Kavanaugh doesn't know much about cars. I've never heard of a stock american car with 800hp before.

ego based camp where the manlet makes the rules...

sounds like another beatup for mcpanicwrestler

He can do all the training he wants. If his 171lb body has to carry Nate Diaz's 186lbs for more than two rounds, he's going to gas. He's just not physically big enough to compete at 170.

He can do all the training he wants. If his 171lb body has to carry Nate Diaz's 186lbs for more than two rounds, he's going to gas. He's just not physically big enough to compete at 170.

I think he can for maybe 2-3 rounds, then fatigue going to hit him faster than a rock off a cliff. Nate pushing and leaning on him, plus with grappling going to wear out that conditioning.

Kavanaugh doesn't know much about cars. I've never heard of a stock american car with 800hp before.

That engine isn't very efficient. It will run out of gas. Then it will get choked the f*ck out. Again.

McGregor gassed himself out in the first fight thinking he could knockout Nate with one shot; Diaz merely capitalized on him being a spent force in the 2nd and wasn't the primary cause for him gassing, in my opinion. If Conor tries to bully Nate again he likely will gas if he doesn't get the KO, if he fights tactical and smart, I don't think cardio will be an issue.

Did UFC pay for his camp again?

No way Conor has better cardio than Nate... In addition Nate has the edge on wrestling, clinch, jujitsu, size and reach .... Boxing id say even... Nate has a good chin so I dont see how Conor wins.... Only possible way is if it goes a while and blood gets in Nates eyes and he cant see the punches coming...

a) get bigger b) get better cardio c) fight clean, you cant choose all three in one camp

Kavanagh talks a lot of shit.

Indeed he does. I thought it was a bit of hubris saying that CM going to go finish Nate early, that's why I think they might try for the opposite strategy and point fight for a decision

I think he can for maybe 2-3 rounds, then fatigue going to hit him faster than a rock off a cliff. Nate pushing and leaning on him, plus with grappling going to wear out that conditioning.
Oh, hell, if it goes to the ground it's over. Has anybody submitted more legitimate BJJ black belts than Nate Diaz? Others have better BJJ, but I don't know of too many that have better MMA BJJ. Alvin Robinson, Kurt Pellegrino, Jim Miller; those guys were no slouches on the ground and Nate made very quick work of them.

a) get bigger b) get better cardio c) fight clean, you cant choose all three in one camp

Very unlikely all three can be done at the same time without pharmaceutical help.

Conor didn't gas. He got caught. When will all these fools learn?

I still think if he goes all out for 2 rounds, he's gassing no later than the 3rd.

Back