Over-Under Grip Question

i alterante between sets, but my heavy set is usually left under / right over

which is weird because im right handed

just feels real weird the other way

i alterante between sets, but my heavy set is usually left under / right over

which is weird because im right handed

just feels real weird the other way

I prefer that exact combination myself, and I too am right handed.

How much is that? Like 950? I wish my grip was strong enough to support that much weight.. I'm gonna try hook grip. Only downside I see, is that I really like the calluses I get on the palms of my hands. It makes doing a lot of things easier, especially throwing footballs for some reason...

But it can rip a girl's pantyhose... just saying... it's a bit of an akward moment.

How much do you pull? I hook grip all my olympic lifts but I couldn't imagine doing heavy sets for reps with a hook grip.

My last DL max was 441lbs. Brad Gillingham(multi time IPF Heavyweight champ) pulls around 900 using double overhand hook grip. That knowledge is what prompted me to try it.

I can think of another downside: it fucking hurts. I need to start hook gripping as well though. For anyone that uses it, how long did it take for your thumbs to get used to it? I tried it a few times and my thumbs were killing even with lighter weights.

Read my post on page 2.

Read my post on page 2.

Very cool. Thanks. For some reason it didn't even cross my mind to use it on rows as well. I think I'll need to do that to condition my thumbs since I'm only DL'ing once a week. Maybe I'll try it with chinups too.

I switch it up, but in no particular pattern. Always go back to the stronger side for max lifts though.

i never switch; the reason being is in wrestling and fighting, i always grip bodylocks with non dominant palm in, and i do all pulls the same way so the specificity strength transfers over as much as possible

my first 2 reps are always overhand, then the reps after the first two I alternate grips every rep.

Back