Outside the immediate title picture, would these be good fighs to make in the WBW division?

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
Alexis Davis vs Sara McMann
Cat Zingano vs Holly Holm
Miesha Tate vs Valentina Shevchenko or Julianna Pena (whichever doesn't get the TS)

Like the matchups or no?

Was Davis preggo tho?

Cat Vs Holly is a pretty good fight. I'm In 100%

Cat would destroy Holly.

Time for Tate to finally avenge a loss, let's see her fight Zingano.

Most of us said the same about Pena, Zinganos fight IQ is too low for her to beat Holm although she is capable of it.
Most predicted Holm would beat Schevchenko and Tate too.

Miesha Tate vs Valentina Shevchenko or Julianna Pena (whichever doesn't get the TS)

Like the matchups or no?
I like them but my own personal prefs:

Davis should take a tune up fight since she has been out so long.

Zingano vs Holm could be a really good fight but damn I hate to see either of them take another loss.

Miesha vs Valentina or Pena. I don't know if Miesha or Pena would fight each other unless the title was on the line.
I hope Valentina gets the next shot. I also like the idea of Valentina vs Ronda if she comes back. Valentina is a black belt in Judo too.

I think both Cat and Holm needs relatively easy opponents to get back on track.... Facing top5 opponent after 2 fight losing streaks doesn't make much sense to me

Give them McMann and Davis instead

I think both Cat and Holm needs relatively easy opponents to get back on track.... Facing top5 opponent after 2 fight losing streaks doesn't make much sense to me

Give them McMann and Davis instead

I would go with Kaufman and Eye if looking for 'easier' opponents.

Cyborg vs Rousey after she gives birth to Travis' bearded child

Most predicted Holm would beat Schevchenko and Tate too.
Yep, but Zingano has thrown 2 fights away due to poor fight IQ. Shevchenko just outclassed Holm which Zingano isn't capable of and Tate pulled a hail mary which Zingano may or may not be able to do. I doubt it though due to her poor fight IQ.

Lady Iron Ship (or something like that) vs Holly

McMann and Davis are equally easy, but yeah Kaufman and Eye works too

In hindsight, Eye also needs easy match up, desperately. Getting Cat or Holm after losing to McMann+ 3 fight losing streak? Maaan thats rough

In hindsight, Eye also needs easy match up, desperately. Getting Cat or Holm after losing to McMann+ 3 fight losing streak? Maaan thats rough
Kaufman is a free agent now.

Like the matchups or no?

1st two, yes. Tate is coming off of a loss, so no in that case. If Nunes fights, she should get either Val or Pena, which would screw up that match up.

Really, we are faced with either the two top contenders eliminating one or the other, or one of them fighting for the title. A lot of the roster is coming off a loss, so there are not a lot of people who should face either Pena or Shevchenko.

Like the matchups or no?
I like it. The real curve ball would be Ronda getting a shot. Cause then what do u do ? Valentina vs Julianna

Cat Zingano vs. Holly Holm is one of the most obvious bookings in the history of MMA. It makes so much sense right now, and if they don't book it I'll be extremely surprised. I'm with ya, TS.

Kaufman being released aside, I think Kaufman and Eye are stylistically easier for Holm at least since they don't grapple, maybe easier for Zingano too after seeing her outgrappled by Pena.

Also I don't really think of Davis as a lower tier fighter, she only has one bad loss against Ronda in recent memory and has a win over the current champion. She mostly gets flack because she looks unathletic when she fights but her resume is pretty strong.

Not sure about McMann, she isn't impressive in her wins but also only has bad losses against Ronda and Nunes and gave a tough fight to Tate, she's like Tate with less BJJ skill but more power and probably stronger takedowns so I wouldn't count her out against Holly/Cat.

Last edited:
Back