Outgoing Syria Envoy Admits Hiding US Troop Numbers; Praises Trump’s Mideast Record

hiya Mr. Holmes,

it wasn't treason, my friend.

Mr. Trump knew full well that troops were there - he knew that a few hundred remained, and they remained with his consent.

- IGIT
You should try reading the OP before commenting.

You should try reading the OP before commenting.

hi Mr. Holmes!

So US officials were lying and hiding US Troops Numbers in Mid East and Syria from the Trump Admin. Because they didn't want to withdrawal , quite the war mongers eh?

i made it through all two sentences of the OP, my friend. i read it.

it seems to be that the TS is suggesting that the "Deep State" (in this case it would involve a sitting US Senator, a US diplomat, and an outgoing Sec of Defense) were warmongers for keeping troops in the region - and they were super sneaky about it by hiding the true number of troops that were stationed in Syria from the POTUS.

my contention is that this is not entirely correct. the POTUS knew that US troops remained - and would remain for the forseeable future. i also think the TS pretty elides the actual reason that US troops were there.

am i missing something here?

- IGIT

Last edited:
hi Mr. Holmes!

So US officials were lying and hiding US Troops Numbers in Mid East and Syria from the Trump Admin. Because they didn't want to withdrawal , quite the war mongers eh?

it seems to be that the TS is suggesting that the "Deep State" (in this case it would involve a sitting US Senator, a US diplomat, and an outgoing Sec of Defense) were warmongers for keeping troops in the region - and they were super sneaky about it by hiding the true number of troops that were stationed in Syria from the POTUS.

my contention is that this is not entirely correct. the POTUS knew that US troops remained - and would remain for the forseeable future. i also think the TS pretty elides the actual reason that US troops were there.

- IGIT
Yes its quite clear Trump knew some troops were there. However serious problems have occurred if our elected representative was lied to in order to influence foreign policy. If that happened it would be a betrayal on our democracy.

Yes its quite clear Trump knew some troops were there. However serious problems have occurred if our elected representative was lied to in order to influence foreign policy. If that happened it would be a betrayal on our democracy.

hi Mr. Holmes,

Donald Trump has been sort of an unusual POTUS.

*muses*

if i had to guess, i think that since the POTUS knew that US troops would remain, he became kind of incurious about the exact figure.
if Donald really wanted to know the exact number of troops there, he could have found out. General McKenzie, CENTCOM commander, was just a phone call away.

- IGIT

hi Mr. Holmes,

Donald Trump has been sort of an unusual POTUS.

*muses*

if i had to guess, i think that since the POTUS knew that US troops would remain, he became kind of incurious about the exact figure.
if Donald really wanted to know the exact number of troops there, he could have found out. General McKenzie, CENTCOM commander, was just a phone call away.

- IGIT
That doesn't excuse decent and I don't give a rat's ass what the military industrial complex thinks of our elected leaders.

That doesn't excuse decent and I don't give a rat's ass what the military industrial complex thinks of our elected leaders.

hiya Mr. Holmes,

wait a minute. lol.

do you understand why US troops had to be kept in Syria? i'm asking, because i think we're talking past each other.

let me ask you, Mr. Holmes; why did President Trump consent to keep US forces in Syria after he had declared the US was pulling out? what is the specific reason that Mr. Trump had no choice but to reverse himself?

- IGIT

hiya Mr. Holmes,

wait a minute. lol.

do you understand why US troops had to be kept in Syria? i'm asking, because i think we're talking past each other.

let me ask you, Mr. Holmes; why did President Trump consent to keep US forces in Syria after he had declared the US was pulling out? what is the specific reason that Mr. Trump had no choice but to reverse himself?

- IGIT
Yeah, we're talking past each other. It doesn't matter. There is no defense for betraying our democracy.

Yeah, we're talking past each other. It doesn't matter. There is no defense for betraying our democracy.

hiya Mr. Holmes,

so, no answer?

figures.

thanks for the give and take, my friend!

- IGIT

hiya Mr. Holmes,

so, no answer?

figures.

thanks for the give and take, my friend!

- IGIT
Yeah, make sure to change the subject. Sherdog sure does take all kinds.

Yeah, make sure to change the subject. Sherdog sure does take all kinds.

hiya Mr. Holmes,

i'm staying entirely on topic, my friend.

i was hoping to have a more in depth exchange on this issue, because its an interesting one.
i posed a direct question to you, and you either cannot answer it, or aren't interested in doing so. its unfortunate that you are unable to participate beyond contributing a few broad platitudes.

thank you!

- IGIT

i posed a direct question to you, and you either cannot answer it, or aren't interested in doing so.
Your question didn't make sense. The US doesn't have to keep troops in Syria.

When I read this today, my jaw dropped in shock that this shit could happen.
Yet I know no media outlet is going to complain of outrage.

This is literal evidence of the political swamp undermining a President as he is working.

hi Mr. Holmes!

- IGIT
From what i gathered so far they are keeping the Troops in Syria as a deterrence force, claiming that they hope with that Russians would leave Syria you honestly believe that Russians would allow to happen? after what happened in Libya? from business insider.

Instead, the small US military presence offers up a tripwire deterrence force, risking the lives of US troops to maintain remote areas of Syria as some kind of bargaining chip for a grand peace deal that shows no signs of materializing.
A grand peace deal that would allow probability of allowing Jihadists coming into power in Syria? will American troops leave Syria if Assad steps in and puts another Russian/Iranian pro person gets selected by the Assad gov officials in power? probably not.

Even if Trump does leave the white house and Biden admin gets in you think they will leave? the kurds wont like it if America chooses Turkey over them. Its a bit ironic coming from the Biden admin officials claiming that Trump failed the Kurds yet at the same time the Biden admin are trying to toy with two sides that have both different regional goals.

Again its a shame though i had always viewed the liberals in America "Democrats" as the anti war party and a party that would end endless wars.

It seems Biden admin would continue this trend in the middle east. I don't see how they will able to tip or change the outcome of the conflict when considering the Assad govt and its allies control the majority of the areas in Syria.

I truly wish that America would just withdraw from Syria completely. There is not much that they cant change the outcome as i mentioned. And i doubt that the Russians would leave Syria to America that easily.
I have been following the conflict for quite a while. I will be honest the mainstream news media has not been very honest when it comes to this war and conflict in Syria all they have been claiming to viewers is that "Opposition are moderates and are Pro Western Rebels" that isn't mostly true at all. Majority of rebels are foreign fighters.

Whatever happened to the actual rebels they have joined up with other groups. Again this conflict in Syria is far more complicated then what the MSM outlets are not telling you about.

Last edited:
better that the USA will take it rather than Russia
They will never share it with the Kurds, the Kurds are hoping for independence and giving them a Independence will make Turks even more angry in the region.
Syrian gov still controls the other half of the oil though. Even they lost that area to Americans in the eastern/Southern border area where only one section there is with ISIS forces still left. By the way you remember what McCain and other neocons wanted right? they wanted a war with the Russians.

And i do think they still want a war with Russia.

They will never share it with the Kurds, the Kurds are hoping for independence and giving them a Independence will make Turks even more angry in the region.
Syrian gov still controls the other half of the oil though. Even they lost that area to Americans in the eastern/Southern border area where only one section there is with ISIS forces still left. By the way you remember what McCain and other neocons wanted right? they wanted a war with the Russians.

And i do think they still want a war with Russia.
the Kurds should just declare their state and not ask the world what they think
they have military, government and literally everything a nation needs/have
they will also be stable allies to the sane world
pretty sad that such old entity never got their independence

the problem is that they cant defend themselves against Iran or turkey that both dreams about their old empires
(farsi/ottoman, and yes, they are that delusional)

what a mess is Syria, only the Kurds are the decent ones and they are hated by both shia/sunni

ISIS is now doing a comeback in Syria, they are beating up Assad army
Assad still waits for that Iranian support

I can't see an end to that area and I also don't think that the Americans should defend the kurds, this is their fight
maybe only indirect support like selling arms at low prices

I said it 4 years ago. I said it when he did it. I'll keep saying it. He stopped briefing on military actions/maneuvers. He stopped briefing on bombings. He's absolutely terrible.

Back