Outgoing Syria Envoy Admits Hiding US Troop Numbers; Praises Trump’s Mideast Record

And? Was Iran going to declare war on the US? No, they never were, they don’t have the capacity or will to do that.

It’s sad but we live in a world where the strong can do what they want. Killing Solemaini was never going to end up in war unless we chose to actually invade Iran.

Iran did responded in force, the thing cooled down after Iran shot down their airliner.

Iran did responded in force, the thing cooled down after Iran shot down their airliner.
Responding with force isn’t the same as going to war. The IRGC and the Supreme Leader know their revolution would end in an all out war with the US (even if we would lose an occupying battle)

War with Iran rests on two possibilities: suicide on behalf of the Ayatollahs, or political suicide for Donald Trump and his re-election chances.

Remember that we violated Syria’s airspace, backed opposition to the government, and eventually occupied parts of their country.

That was an act of war. But did it culminate in war? No, because they completely depended on America’s willingness to go to war.

Responding with force isn’t the same as going to war. The IRGC and the Supreme Leader know their revolution would end in an all out war with the US (even if we would lose an occupying battle)

War with Iran rests on two possibilities: suicide on behalf of the Ayatollahs, or political suicide for Donald Trump and his re-election chances.

Remember that we violated Syria’s airspace, backed opposition to the government, and eventually occupied parts of their country.

That was an act of war. But did it culminate in war? No, because they completely depended on America’s willingness to go to war.
Or, a war with the US would lead to an internal revolution and the powers that be in Iran don't want that.

The US doesn't want that either because we would be blamed for a power vacuum and would be stuck "nation building" for twenty years.

Yes, so why do you call Trump not a "warmonger" when he literally went above its predecessors into directly striking Iran and Syria.

Your argument about Trump not being a warmongerer is basically "Well they didnt fight back when we attacked them".

When Trump attacked Syria the first time pretty sure CNN said it was presidential. I am sure it would be a presidential thing to make more countries like Libya's with a failed state and different groups fighting each other for power.

I always though the Liberals in America would be polar opposites to the right wing side when it came to wars.

Yup they actually praised Trump suddenly for that bombing run even saying "It is a pressident who has seen enough of Assad's litteral Hitler Move"

I mean it was not long before that they are implying Trump is litteraly Saddam!

Yes, so why do you call Trump not a "warmonger" when he literally went above its predecessors into directly striking Iran and Syria.

Your argument about Trump not being a warmongerer is basically "Well they didnt fight back when we attacked them".
Well yeah, he’s not a warmonger because we haven’t gone to war.

I never said he didn't have an aggressive foreign policy, but going to war and being aggressive to your enemies are two different things.

Well yeah, he’s not a warmonger because we haven’t gone to war.

What counts as "war" because technically Kosovo wasnt a war and Congress has only formally declared war 5 times in US history.

Trumps predecessor did strike Syria

Of course they didn't leave, they built oil refineries there. We are in Syria for the long run.

Obama started the war in Syria, Trump continued it.

What counts as "war" because technically Kosovo wasnt a war and Congress has only formally declared war 5 times in US history.
I don’t want to answer that question because it is just going to become a multiple page argument over semantics, missing the actual point which is whether or not Trump is a warmonger.

Has Trump started a new war in any definition of the word? Was bombing an empty airfield (which the Syrian government was using about a week later IIRC) likely to cause war? Was killing Solemaini, who trained militias that killed American soldiers likely to cause war? Was merely entertaining the idea of overthrowing the worst government in the Western Hemisphere grounds for calling him a warmonger?

If your responses to those questions is a resounding NO, then he isn’t a warmonger.

In my opinion, to be a warmonger, you have to actually get into war or actually reach the brink of war. Ergo, if Trump continued to strike at Iran after they hit us back (and in reality he lied to downplay the damage done by Iran) or for example, sunk Iranian vessels headed towards Venezuela, well it would be reasonable to assume he is a warmonger.

Solemaini was a legitimate military target.

hi GoldenWolf87,

When Trump attacked Syria the first time pretty sure CNN said it was presidential.

could you provide a source for this? i'd be curious to see if CNN hosts at any point said that Mr. Trump's bombing in Syria was Presidential.

- IGIT

That actually sounds like treason.

hiya Mr. Holmes,

it wasn't treason, my friend.

Mr. Trump knew full well that troops were there - he knew that a few hundred remained, and they remained with his consent.

- IGIT

Trump's issue with the elite is he says shit out loud you're not supposed to say - e,g, lets take the oil in Syria.

hiya 12ga,

the elite? i don't think the elite have anything to do with this (and i'm kind of unclear who the elite are that you're referring to).

*muses*

my own problem with Mr. Trump is his statement, "lets take the oil in Syria", is kind of misleading. i know what he is saying. do you?

- IGIT

Obama started the war in Syria, Trump continued it.

Obama didnt started the war in Syria, the war in Syria was started by military defectors, same in Libya, most likely influenced by Saudi lobbyists promising support and money if they betrayed Assad.

Obama never attacked Assad and only got in Syria when jihadists became a problem.

If your responses to those questions is a resounding NO, then he isn’t a warmonger.

In my opinion, to be a warmonger, you have to actually get into war or actually reach the brink of war. Ergo, if Trump continued to strike at Iran after they hit us back (and in reality he lied to downplay the damage done by Iran) or for example, sunk Iranian vessels headed towards Venezuela, well it would be reasonable to assume he is a warmonger.

Solemaini was a legitimate military target.

So nobody is a warmonger then.

Back