Out of these so called unbreakable records - Which is the 3 most impressive records?

Who's your picks?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to suggest more unbreakable records.

Jerry Rice - 22,895 receiving yard. 2nd - Larry Fitzgerald (17,492)

Wayne Gretzky - 2857 career total points. 2nd - Jaromír Jágr (1921)

Cy Young - 749 complete games. 2nd - Pud Galvin (646)

Wilt Chamberlain - 50.4 PPG in a single season. 2nd - James Harden (36.1)

Boston Celtics - 8 straight NBA titles.

Simone Biles - 19 world gymnastic gold medals.

Cal Ripken Jr. - 2632 consecutive games played. 2nd - Lou Gehrig (2130)

Rickey Henderson - 1406 career stolen bases. 2nd - Lou Brock (938)

Michael Phelps - 28 Olympic medals. 2nd - Larisa Latynina (18)

John Stockton - 15,806 total assists. 2nd - Jason Kidd (12,091)

Usain Bolt's three back-to-back pairs of Olympic gold medals in the 100/200 metres.

Last edited:
Cy Young
Celtics

Honorable mention: Ricky Henderson. 1406 SB's is incomprehensible to me.

Wayne's will never be broken unless they drastically change the rules.

Henderson's will never be broken because stolen bases aren't a big part of baseball anymore.

Wayne's will never be broken unless they drastically change the rules.

Henderson's will never be broken because stolen bases aren't a big part of baseball anymore.

Well said, well said.

Please feel free to suggest more unbreakable records.

Jerry Rice - 22,895 receiving yard. 2nd - Larry Fitzgerald (17,492)

Wayne Gretzky - 2857 career total points. 2nd - Jaromír Jágr (1921)

Cy Young - 749 complete games. 2nd - Pud Galvin (646)

Wilt Chamberlain - 50.4 PPG in a single season. 2nd - James Harden (36.1)

Boston Celtics - 8 straight NBA titles.

Simone Biles - 19 world gymnastic gold medals.

Cal Ripken Jr. - 2632 consecutive games played. 2nd - Lou Gehrig (2130)

Rickey Henderson - 1406 career stolen bases. 2nd - Lou Brock (938)

Michael Phelps - 28 Olympic medals. 2nd - Larisa Latynina (18)
I voted for Gretzky's 2857 career points and Cy Young's 749 complete games.

To put into perspective, even if you take away all of Wayne's goals, his total assists is still more than anyone's total career points, and Wayne's the all time leading goal scorer

Guys just don't pitch complete games anymore. I don't know how those old timers are built, they would pitch 30 complete games in a season regularly, and that's without steroids

I was really tempted to vote Chamberlain's 50.4 PPG over Gretzky, but looking at the recent scoring explosion where guys are averaging 35+ easily, it's not as unbreakable as originally thought. Even his 100 points in a game might be attainable.

Another crazy Chamberlain record is that in the same year he averaged 50.4 PPG (and 25.7 RPG), he also averaged 48.5 minutes a game, when a basketball game regular time is 48 minutes

Last edited:

To put into perspective, even if you take away all of Wayne's goals, his total assists is still more than anyone's total career points, and Wayne's the all time leading goal scorer

Good choices.

Gretzky's records are incredible and nobody really comes close out of all the NHL's history. Nobody. There's no discussion about this era or that era etc like with Wilt's 50 ppg.

I wanted to go with Cy Young for my 2nd pick but without googling I'm pretty sure back in those days having a high number of completed games wasn't that out of the ordinary for the greats. I went with Phelps for 2nd.

Stockton's 15,806 career assists is probably the strongest major individual statistical record standing in the NBA (after Wilt's single season records of 4,029 points and 2,149 rebounds, respectively).

Usain's three back-to-back pairs of gold medals in the 100/200 is one of the most impressive athletic feats of all time, too, undoubtedly. It's at least as impressive as Phelps's medal total.

Last edited:
What is Josh Gibson record? Can you please elaborate thanks.

In 1933, he hit .467 with 55 home runs in 137 games against all levels of competition. His lifetime batting average is said to be higher than .350, with other sources putting it as high as .384, the best in Negro league history.[12] In 2021, it was announced by Major League Baseball that the Negro Leagues (1920–1948) would formally be recognized as a major league. Ongoing research by Baseball Reference tabulated that Gibson led his league three times in batting average and once for all major leagues, most notably hitting .417 in 1937. He also led six times in on-base percentage and slugging percentage eight times.[13]

Gibson's Hall of Fame plaque claims he hit "almost 800 home runs in league and independent baseball during his 17-year career."[14] This figure includes vs. semi-pro competition and in exhibition games. According to the Hall's official data, his lifetime batting average was .359.[11] It was reported that he won nine home run titles and four batting championships playing for the Crawfords and the Grays. It is also believed that Gibson hit a home run in a Negro league game at Yankee Stadium that struck two feet from the top of the wall circling the center field bleachers, about 580 feet (180 m) from home plate.[citation needed] Chicago American Giants infielder Jack Marshall said Gibson slugged one over the third deck next to the left-field bullpen in 1934 for the only fair ball hit out of Yankee Stadium.[citation needed] There is no published or film account to support this claim. Washington Senators owner Clark Griffith once said that Gibson hit more home runs into Griffith Stadium's distant left field bleachers than the entire American League.[15] A 2020 article published by the Society for American Baseball Research provides the supporting details for his homers in major league parks.[16]

Guys just don't pitch complete games anymore. I don't know how those old timers are built, they would pitch 30 complete games in a season regularly, and that's without steroids

I was really tempted to vote Chamberlain's 50.4 PPG over Gretzky, but looking at the recent scoring explosion where guys are averaging 35+ easily, it's not as unbreakable as originally thought. Even his 100 points in a game might be attainable.

Another crazy Chamberlain record is that in the same year he averaged 50.4 PPG (and 25.7 RPG), he also averaged 48.5 minutes a game, when a basketball game regular time is 48 minutes
No one is avg 50 pts ever in the NBA c'mon now lol

His 100 point game though i think will be matched or broken within the next 10 to 15 years.

Back