Movies Out of these film male acting performances - Which one is the best? (Finals Double Overtime)

Who's your pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tough poll. All great actors but DDL is tops for me. But baffling that Bill the Butcher made it but not Daniel Plainview, which would have been my top pick.

Of these choices, I say Hopkins in Silence. It's an iconic role and unique from his other work - it's like Denzel's heel turn in Training Day which I think also belongs on this list.

And they're fine actors but Ledger's Joker and Kilmer in Tombstone are headscratcher finalists for me. Kilmer was effortlessly cool for sure but IMO Kurt Russell was better in the same movie. And IMHO Ledger's Joker is overrated and benefitted from SJW media push due to his death. If we're just talking Nolan Batman trilogy, his Joker performance is outdone by Tom Hardy's Bane and Neeson's Ra's Al Ghul.

Whatever you're smoking, I want some. Neeson was decent as Ra's, but the entirety of Banes character was a steaming pile of dog shit, in an even bigger steaming pile of dog shit movie.

It’s an amazing performance and one of the most quoted in cinema history, how is this even a question???

In my humble opinion, it's a really good performance but wouldn't make my top 30 if not 50. Just not in the same stratosphere as De niro in Taxi or DDL in There will be blood.

Hence the question, of course you are free to disagree. Obviously a lot of people think highly of that performance.

What a race between Nicholson and Ledger. I guess it fitting considering both them played the Joker. So yeah, might have to do another round and narrow to just these two. I'll wait a bit longer though.

the entirety of Banes character was a steaming pile of dog shit, in an even bigger steaming pile of dog shit movie.

ef8.jpg

Whatever you're smoking, I want some

24470464.jpg

What a race between Nicholson and Ledger. I guess it fitting considering both them played the Joker. So yeah, might have to do another round and narrow to just these two. I'll wait a bit longer though.

Pretty sure Ledger would lose quite clearly if it were a straight vote between them.

Pretty sure Ledger would lose quite clearly if it were a straight vote between them.

Probably, Nicholson will get the votes from the other contenders and make it a win for him. But yeah we'll see how it pans out.

Sadly I disagree with you. I voted Nicholson here but knew outa the gate Ledger would be finals if not winner.

Personally voted for Phoenix's performance of Joker aswell.

This place is just so enamored with Ledger and Dark Knight as a whole, kinda like Heat. Hope I'm wrong, bring on Triple overtime

Back