Movies Out of these film male acting performances - Which one is the best? (Finals Double Overtime)

Who's your pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here are some great actors who got their own style in my opinion.

Al Pacino, that guy is the legit definition of a short fuse and he's so convincing at it.
iu

James Gandolfini, Rare of a kind, that actor is so gifted that other actors learned His technique. He's the actor of all actors in the 2000s
iu

Jack Nicholson, His smile is so sinister it could turn your stomach cold.

iu

Robert De Niro, One of the legends whose name will forever carry its own legacy. His most famous works were His association with Filmmaker Martin Scorsese. His nature is well rounded.

iu

Samuel L Jackson, you know His name. His method is to put you in your place and you just listen!

iu

And Finally

Daniel Day-Lewis, let's face it. He's the method of all methods, the method is to convince you. to manipulate your own creation. He can smell your intentions and He knows when to deliver it.

iu

Here are some great actors who got their own style in my opinion.

Al Pacino, that guy is the legit definition of a short fuse and he's so convincing at it.
iu

James Gandolfini, Rare of a kind, that actor is so gifted that other actors learned His technique. He's the actor of all actors in the 2000s
iu

Jack Nicholson, His smile is so sinister it could turn your stomach cold.

iu

Robert De Niro, One of the legends whose name will forever carry its own legacy. His most famous works were His association with Filmmaker Martin Scorsese. His nature is well rounded.

iu

Samuel L Jackson, you know His name. His method is to put you in your place and you just listen!

iu

And Finally

Daniel Day-Lewis, let's face it. He's the method of all methods, the method is to convince you. to manipulate your own creation. He can smell your intentions and He knows when to deliver it.

iu

That's awesome, thanks.

That's a very good list. I love your choices.

Hopkins in The Father was phenomenal to say the least. He's still hitting homeruns at that age is just amazing.

What's your take on Timothee Chalamet? You think he's one of the best young actors now?
Thanks man!

Yeah Hopkins was amazing, I believe that it's his best performance, and at that age that's incredible. I understand if someone would pick his role in Silence of the Lambs because of how iconic it is though.

Hmm... as far as Chalamet. I think his performance in Call Me By Your Name was about as nuanced as any young actor could have done, and I do think he's one of the best young actors right now. For sure. However, I'm not sure that he'll be one of the best actors period. I think we need to see more leading roles to know, but he has the potential. As much as I liked Dune, I don't think it'll be it, simply because of the material and the way Denis is directing it. He was great in A Beautiful Boy as well btw, which I would recommend if you haven't seen it. Steve Carell was good in it too.

Thanks man!

Yeah Hopkins was amazing, I believe that it's his best performance, and at that age that's incredible. I understand if someone would pick his role in Silence of the Lambs because of how iconic it is though.

Hmm... as far as Chalamet. I think his performance in Call Me By Your Name was about as nuanced as any young actor could have done, and I do think he's one of the best young actors right now. For sure. However, I'm not sure that he'll be one of the best actors period. I think we need to see more leading roles to know, but he has the potential. As much as I liked Dune, I don't think it'll be it, simply because of the material and the way Denis is directing it. He was great in A Beautiful Boy as well btw, which I would recommend if you haven't seen it. Steve Carell was good in it too.

I believe Chalamet for what's he's done so far in his young age is pretty incredible. He's had quite a career so far, that a lot actors would envy. And he still has a very bright future ahead of him.

Tough poll. All great actors but DDL is tops for me. But baffling that Bill the Butcher made it but not Daniel Plainview, which would have been my top pick.

Of these choices, I say Hopkins in Silence. It's an iconic role and unique from his other work - it's like Denzel's heel turn in Training Day which I think also belongs on this list.

And they're fine actors but Ledger's Joker and Kilmer in Tombstone are headscratcher finalists for me. Kilmer was effortlessly cool for sure but IMO Kurt Russell was better in the same movie. And IMHO Ledger's Joker is overrated and benefitted from SJW media push due to his death. If we're just talking Nolan Batman trilogy, his Joker performance is outdone by Tom Hardy's Bane and Neeson's Ra's Al Ghul.

Last edited:
There all quite larger than life performances but I think Jack wins for me by both being the most larger than life and also having a more subtle side to it.

I know, it's what the people liked. But its funny to see no brando or deniro and val kilmer just sneaks in.
Agreed, Deniro in Taxi Driver and Brando Godfather are legendary to say the least, top 5 all time. I'd throw Bardem in No Country for Old Men in there too, that performance always blows me away.

Last edited:
Back