Movies Out of these film male acting performances - Which 2 are the best? (Finals Overtime)

Who's your picks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMO Cruise(Born on The Fourth of July) should be right there alongside with Hopkins(The Silence of the Lambs), Ledger(The Dark Knight) and Hanks(Forrest Gump). I know Cruise did not make it to the finals poll, just saying. Might be a fairly unpopular, minority pick however one I would stand by.

Last edited:
IMO Cruise(Born on The Fourth of July) should be right there alongside with Hopkins(The Silence of the Lambs), Ledger(The Dark Knight) and Hanks(Forrest Gump). I know Cruise did not make it to the finals poll, just saying. Might be a fairly unpopular, minority pick however one I would stand by.

I actually agree Cruise performance in that film was sublime to say the least. His best performance imo.

I actually agree Cruise performance in that film was sublime to say the least. His best performance imo.
Objectively it's difficult to fit all of these vastly different star actors in a single poll. I forgot about Nicholson(The Shining) and his quality performance was just as good as those others aforementioned. Never was impressed on the same level with Washington, Pesci or Phoenix. Different strokes for different folks, though.

Objectively it's difficult to fit all of these vastly different star actors in a single poll. I forgot about Nicholson(The Shining) and his quality performance was just as good as those others aforementioned. Never was impressed on the same level with Washington, Pesci or Phoenix. Different strokes for different folks, though.

Yes it's subjective when it comes down to it. This is not exact science, but it's a fun poll/tournament to do imo. That's mostly what I take from it. I find it enjoyable to do and I hope everyone who participates finds the joy in it also.

Last edited:
They're both incredible performances, probably DDL top 2 performances are Bill the Butcher and Daniel Plainview. So I can see how people voted for Butcher over Plainview.
Bill the Butcher is top 5 at best for DDL

This poll is too tough, but I put Hopkins and Hanks.

Hopkins has lost all credibility. Google "Bare Knuckles" from 2010. I take back every vote I gave him. Straight to video with an unknown cast. Must have owed, needed money or owed a favor to someone to participate in a wmma film. Picture JCVD's movie Lionheart with broads.

Bill the Butcher is top 5 at best for DDL
It's his worst performance for me. He's usually very grounded, but Bill the Butcher is borderline cartoonish. The movie suffers tremendously on a re-watch, it's just not very good. And I say that with DDL and Leo being two of my favourite actors of all time.

The interrogation scene in, In The Name of the Father and the baptism scene in There Will Be Blood might be his best imo. Iconic scenes.

Back