Out of the two contenders, Gus is the tougher-match up for Jones

Both put up a great fight and both were hurt and exhausted in the fight and that is as good as it gets. Being put on a stretcher or seeing God means nothing because you have to do that in the octagon to actually win the fight.

Cormier said Gus has no chance in the fight and now suddenly Jones calls out Cormier. You do the math, Even cormier thinks GUs has no chance in the rematch and wants to fight Jones instead.

They both were hurt but jones did his business in the octagon and actually hurt Gus and made him run in the other direction away from jones onslaught. The one who rocked anyone in that fight was JOnes.

Dont worry Gus has another chance.

What?

Where and when did he say this?

If Gus did run in the fight against Jones, how the hell did Jones end up looking like this then:

1385342_10152108239811892_8032532026176174018_n.jpg

You and the rest of the Jones cult following really doesn't want the rematch huh? Is it because of fear or what the hell is it?

What?

Where and when did he say this?

If Gus did run in the fight against Jones, how the hell did Jones end up looking like this then:

1385342_10152108239811892_8032532026176174018_n.jpg

You and the rest of the Jones cult following really doesn't want the rematch huh? Is it because of fear or what the hell is it?

Gus fans get very insecure I know.

I said Jones is the one who rocked Gus and made him back peddle/run/moveback and reset and that is what happened in the fight and factual. Jones is the one who actually hurt Gus in the fight physically and made him indeed backup and reset.

I would love to see the rematch and would love to see jones vs Cormier. I dont see those fights as anything other then title defenses with Cormier and Gus being two title defenses.

What I do enjoy is your insecure bravado with Gus anytime someone says something counter, you feel the need to make these Macho Gus statements.

Cormier himself says Gus has no chance in the rematch and sadly he made it known to Jones and others but I feel differently. I think both have decent chances at Jones but I view them as title defenses.

Cormier: Gustafsson Has

Last edited:
TS references only the Henderson fight when we all know Cormier's best wins are against Bigfoot and Barnett. Cormier has looked impressive as hell as is an unkown who is 34. He should get the next shot.

You are seriously underrating Cormier and I'm guessing it's because you are a big Jones fan. It's normal: when a champion has been winning as long as Jones, it seems unthinkable for anyone to beat him.

But Cormier really is special and I think he will be just as big a problem for Jones as Gus was. He is a very different build, sure, but like Gus, an exceptional boxer by MMA standards, which I believe is the key to beating Jones.

...and Cormier isn't just a good boxer, he is exactly the sort of boxer that can defeat Jones' reach; very fast for a LHW, great eye, good head movement, ability to counter and put together combinations intelligently.

Plus he's not afraid of getting close to Jones. In fact, if they fight, Jones will be the one weary of being taken down, which makes Cormier's hands even more dangerous.

People keep talking like Cormier is similar to Rashad or even Rampage. Truth is, neither is in the same league as far as boxing or wrestling. It's like comparing Hendo to Weidman and arguing that because they are both wrestlers with heavy hands, their results against common opponents will be similar.

Let's see...who does Jones want to fight - an injured Cormier who may need surgery or a healthy Gus primed and ready to go? Wow..hard choice.

Jones tweeted "it's his career" so if it's all business then the injured Cormier seems like the fight to take. Gus already stole his soul in the first fight. He'd prolong his career by avoiding the rematch as long as possible.

Let's see...who does Jones want to fight - an injured Cormier who may need surgery or a healthy Gus primed and ready to go? Wow..hard choice.

Jones tweeted "it's his career" so if it's all business then the injured Cormier seems like the fight to take. Gus already stole his soul in the first fight. He'd prolong his career by avoiding the rematch as long as possible.

Only on Sherdog would someone say the loser stole someones soul.

Do you even know what that means?

Your argument is not very convincing my friend since Gus was rocked and looked to be done in the 5th.

How the fuck do you steal a soul and lose the championship rounds moron.

Did Jones give up? No he went on to win the fight. Soo many people living on fantasy Island up in here LOL. Jones got hit with some good punches and was cut up, that was about it. He was never rocked and GUS DID NOTHING TO HIM ON THE GROUND!

Gus competed on a high level but failed at best.

Back