Out of the GOATs, who has the single greatest victory?

for anyone not stuck in present fad, but understand the context of mma worldwide in the big picture

it's fedor over crocop

Overrated fight and overrated fighter in Cro-Cop.

As many here have said before, Fedor dethroning Nog for the belt is a much more notable victory.

Some people just can't separate hype from reality.

silva vs griffin. not a very significant fight but silva went full matrix

I personally think Jon Jones beating DC is the single greatest vitctory out of all the GOAT candidates.

This is an impulse pick, and I haven't truly broken everything down, and researched, but when I just think of a single GOAT victory out of all the GOATs, I think DC is the single most difficult and stylistically tough opponent any of the GOATs have ever faced.

Right now, I think there are 4 legitimate GOAT candidates.

Fedor
Anderson
GSP
Jones

And here are what I consider their greatest wins:

Fedor --> Nogueira
Anderson --> Hendo
GSP --> Fitch or Condit
Jones --> Cormier

I think Fedor's win was the best of these. Nogueira is, in my opinion, the number 2 heavyweight of all-time, with the best heavyweight resume of all-time and one of the very best win resumes in MMA history. I consider Nogueira the 5th greatest fighter of all-time period, so for me the answer to this is Fedor.

I rate GSP's utter destruction of Penn in their 2nd meeting as the greatest victory ever by one of the accepted GOATS. It was the first and only true super fight even up till now. Two champs in their prime, roughly the same size, and Georges steam rolled him and humiliated him. There has never been a build up to a fight like that and the end result was epic.
McGregor vs RDA would've been another one but too bad it fell apart. I still think after Jones hopefully beats DC, Rumble, and OSP or Gustafson he should move up to HW and fight for that title

-Fedor vs Nog/CroCop
-GSP vs Hughes/Penn
-Silva vs Franklin
-Jon vs Shogun
-Aldo vs Edgar
-SAKU vs Royce
-Penn vs Gomi/Hughes
-Gomi vs Azeredo

Conor KO'ing Aldo in 13 seconds and I don't see how anyone can dispute that
The way its disputed is that Conor is about 10 wins away from being a goat candidate. He only has 2 top wins. I'm a fan and hope he does it, but let's live in reality

Fedor Emilanenko vs Mirko Filipovic

One of the most impressive wins ever because of HOW he beat him for sure. I personally think his AA win was better though and he doesn't get credit for it. AA was the consensus #2 HW at the time by a large margin. Crocop had just gotten submitted by Nog in his last fight and was ranked 3-4

Fedor beating Nogueira and GSP beating Hughes

One of the most impressive wins ever because of HOW he beat him for sure. I personally think his AA win was better though and he doesn't get credit for it. AA was the consensus #2 HW at the time by a large margin. Crocop had just gotten submitted by Nog in his last fight and was ranked 3-4

CC was subbed by Nog nearly 2 years before the Fedor fight, he was KOd by Randleman closer to that. After that CC was 7-0 going into the Fedor fight with wins over Coleman, Barnett, Randleman and Aleks.

Right now, I think there are 4 legitimate GOAT candidates.

Fedor
Anderson
GSP
Jones

And here are what I consider their greatest wins:

Fedor --> Nogueira
Anderson --> Hendo
GSP --> Fitch or Condit
Jones --> Cormier

I think Fedor's win was the best of these. Nogueira is, in my opinion, the number 2 heavyweight of all-time, with the best heavyweight resume of all-time and one of the very best win resumes in MMA history. I consider Nogueira the 5th greatest fighter of all-time period, so for me the answer to this is Fedor.
You have fitch and condit above hughes, BJ penn and Jake Shields? Not that Fitch and Condit were not great, great wins because they were.

Greatest victory in about the toughest win over best opponent or most impressive or most devastating win...Some of Andersons wins were crazy (going north in divisions and doing what he did to Griffin and Irvin was crazy).J.Jones does hold best wins over some really good guys.Dc being undefeated and going down to 205 and being handled by Jones might just be "best" win as far as quality of opponent.

Because TS is talking GOATs with a resume of real fights. Not fluke knockouts of people that are ready to retire.

You don't see the paradox in saying it was a fluke knockout and so readily determining that Aldo (Who was dominant for a 10 year period prior to said fluke) is over the hill?

Fedor - Nogueira.
Anderson - Vitor.

In a sub GOAT category:
Wand - Rampage II. Huge fight, brutal KO.

Fuck, I will mention also, even it's no MMA (because the TS didn't limited to MMA)
Hagler - Hearns. 'Cause every contact sports fan should watch this bout every saturday morning.

Back