Out of MT's arsenal, what's your favorite/best?

CollarTie

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
This is pretty much a question for just for Muay Thai guys.

Out of Muay Thai's many weapons, which do you other practicioners find you're better with than the others? By this I mean punches, kicks, knees, and elbows, no specific move.

Also, which do you find yourself using most often?

back when i was still doing muay thai? the low kick

knees to the body from the clinch,I loved throwing them during smokers when I have an opponent against a corner in the ring, when you get a rhythm going with the knees it feels like hitting a home run during a baseball game, 1-2's with low kicks are the most effective and help set things up, but knees are the best thing in MT

back when i was still doing muay thai? the low kick

I like throwing low kicks on a banana bag better than I did during smokers, it's a sweet feeling to hit a good banana bag, fairtex new bowling pin bag looks sweet too.

Catching kicks and sweeping the leg, makes you wanna say " Have some of that! "

1) The leg kick. Best fight move, period. Keeps distance, is sneaky, tough to set up a takedown off of and can take the fight out of your opponent real quick.

2) Knees from the clinch. Can straight drop someone, easy transition to a takedown and can help defend against takedowns.

3) Boxing.

round kicks to the body. Love that feeling of connecting with the shin.

counter inside low kicks to jabs.

plain low kicks.

good ol' 1,2 flurry to set up a low kick.

right hand, middle kick then clinch and/or sweep throw.

round kicks to the body. Love that feeling of connecting with the shin.

Agreed. Probably my best and fav. Lead leg catch them coming in... or smash away with the rear Yod style.

I'm going with clinch/knees. One of the most effective tools that human body has in martial arts.

haven't trained in MT specifically but the thing that impresses me the most about it is the power of the roundhouses.

As a tall guy who stopped Muay Thai and started boxing I can say the thing I miss the most is the teep!

Catching kicks and sweeping the leg, makes you wanna say " Have some of that! "

This and round kicks to the body.

Against a good thai style opponent, round kicks are a game a of chess.

Against a pretender.... the sound of the slap against the ribcage is golden

It's less practical, but I'm very partial to the spinning elbow. That's just sparring though, I'm relatively new to MT.

Back