Out of curiosity do you have a lower bar (standard) for things which are harder?

Sort of. I guess with my things like math, engineering etc I have higher standards but if I'm doing boxing sparring and managed to land a punch (any punch) I feel like Pacquiao ha ha

Of course. I respect Talents but i also value limitations.

If you are doing it by heart, doesnt matter what, i cant hate on that.

Unless its burning cats alive etc.

I try not to be impressed by myself or others..I think we put the emphasis in the wrong place. If I am naturally gifted at something, who gave the gift..?

@Fedorgasm

We have another thread in need of some J Love-Hewitt hip action.

Sometimes. If I see something I cannot do at all it tends to produce a "whoa!" out of me, but I have a rational brain so I just tend to admire something done at high level no matter if I can do it or not.

I tend to be more impressed when people are incredible at things I am good at. With things im not, like say music...I kind of say, wow, nice God given talent. But when it concerns things i'm proficient at, I can relate more and be more impressed. For instance, I was an all star athlete. Played 3 sports in HS and played in College. My son and his friends at 16-17 years old are already better than I ever was and in the GYM they are already blasting my numbers. I'm wondering if there is something in the water lol. The other day I watched him and his friends on the bench breaking 250lbs, one guy 300lbs. No one weighs over 190lbs. Just athletes. I watched my son cover half the field in no time, and crush a Running back....Like high light reel stuff. That stuff impresses me more than an Artisit, because I just cant relate as well.

Back