out-of-contest testing for substances not banned = moral police / Sharia

i wouldnt mind it

public executions/punishments (no theft/adultery/homicides)
no females behind the wheel
4 wives

but is mma halal?

thats a deal breaker/maker
the public executions for free could compete w the fight night cards - less depth to the card but more exciting main event likely

Jones doing coke is not anyone's business. In Islamic State-controlled Syria, you can go to jail for smoking cigarettes and having alcohol at home. That's not much different than the Jones thing. Ridiculous.

You can go to jail for possession of coke under US law? Did you not know that? It's a pretty well known fact. Where does Sharia come in to it?

I agree that we should not be probing fighters personal lives for this kind of information. The UFC / Commissions should be testing for PEDs throughout the camp, and any intoxicant present on fight night.

But if fighters choose to bareback prostitutes, while blowing rails off their forehead, and betting on football (or any other victimless crime). I don't see how it's any of the UFC or commission's business to investigate let alone publicly disclose.

Frankly, I'm not of the opinion that it should be possible to pass laws against these things in a free country.

i wouldnt mind it

public executions/punishments (no theft/adultery/homicides)
no females behind the wheel
4 wives

but is mma halal?

thats a deal breaker/maker

As I suspected, probably not Halal. ISIS just executed a magician because:

"They denounced the terrified magician's show as haram - or forbidden by the Koran - because it was idle entertainment and kept locals from praying and attending the mosque."

and

"Taxi drivers face a flogging if they take a longer route on a journey as this would use up time the occupants could spend in a mosque."

so watching MMA is time that should be spent praying

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/isis-behead-street-magician-entertaining-4929838

I guess the Arab prince who bought part of the company has more pull in the UFC than we thought.

I guess the Arab prince who bought part of the company has more pull in the UFC than we thought.

when this guy comes to Vegas, he parties.

sheikhtahnoungracie.jpg

tahnoon%20bin%20zayed.jpg

As I suspected, probably not Halal. ISIS just executed a magician because:

"They denounced the terrified magician's show as haram - or forbidden by the Koran - because it was idle entertainment and kept locals from praying and attending the mosque."

and

"Taxi drivers face a flogging if they take a longer route on a journey as this would use up time the occupants could spend in a mosque."

so watching MMA is time that should be spent praying

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/isis-behead-street-magician-entertaining-4929838

Is Allah the same as the Just Bleed God?

Agreed.

I believe in liberty so long as you aren't hurting anyone else so if you wanna drink alcohol, smoke weed, smoke tobacco, snort lines, smoke crack, inject heroin, go for it. If you die of Lung cancer, liver failure, or overdose, that is your fault. I will, however, put warning labels on it, and make rehab accessible for those who want to stop.

No doubt. Doesn't mean his subjects should get to, though.

Exactly ... I think it is all about controlling the population, which as we have witnessed in recent years is a population ready for revolution when the circumstances permit.

For work I had to spend time in some Arab Muslim countries and they are all very "proper" in groups and you could feel the anti-americanism, but as soon as any of them were one-on-one with me they were happy to tell me about they love America and about the great times they had partying and meeting women during times they lived in or visited the US and how bummed they were to return to where they couldn't buy alcohol and had to "tow the line" religiously. It was so bizarre ...

but with that being said, TS is a moron for comparing being punished for drinking and cigarettes to Jones being NOT punished for doign coke, I just don't see the correation at all.

Jones doing coke is not anyone's business. In Islamic State-controlled Syria, you can go to jail for smoking cigarettes and having alcohol at home. That's not much different than the Jones thing. Ridiculous.

In Indiana you can get fired for your job for smoking Marijuana at home. If you are on probation, and you fail any drug test, including for employment or otherwise (including non-probation related drug screenings), you can be arrested for possession via consumption. They tally the residues in your body, assess the amount you "had to use" to get that many in your body, then charge you with that amount, that you possess in your body the substance.

So, it seems you want Jon Jones to be immune to the law just because he is rich, while everyone else has to follow more unreasonable laws, than the rules Jon is being asked to follow? That is insane.

Back