Out-of-Association promotions?

Rod1, do you actually do BJJ?

Yes, but i don't drink the kool-aid, i also did karate and also do judo.

You guys should really research your own roots.

Rod1, do you actually do BJJ?

Well he trains in BJJ and Judo.

But he keeps posting on BJJ threads and keep saying on how BJJ should be like Judo.

Do not get me wrong. I love Judo and I understand they are different.

I just do not understand why Rod1 does not accept the fact that BJJ etiquettes are different from Judo.

Yes, but i don't drink the kool-aid, i also did karate and also do judo.

You guys should really research your own roots.

It is not about researching.

We are telling you how is BJJ and you keep lecturing us on how it should like Judo.

IBJJF is just GB. They represent the interests of Carlos Gracie Jnr and his supporters.

So now if you want to compete in his shows, you have to pay to be an affiliate.

"

The athletes affiliated with IBJJF will have their graduation recognized by an official organization of the sport, and they will have preserved his history as an athlete or Professor.
It is Mandatory for all the male black belts and female brown and black belts be affiliated with IBJJF to register and fight at the IBJJF Tournaments."

What happens when Pro Jiu Jitsu decides to the same?

you will have to pay them as well for affiliation.

Then each national country have their own federation which you need to pay as well.

The attitude of never questionning the high ranks. what a BS? This is the reason why Japanese MAs all died out

They didn't died out they were absorbed into Kendo, Karate, Aikido, Kyudo, Judo etc etc.

and the reason why they are still doing certain types of training that are useless = never question the high degrees!!

I thought you said they died out? and what do you mean by useless? to be useful you need a purpose, so for what purpose are they useless?

Going around an giving stripes and belt to students that do NOT belong to your association is DISRESPECTFUL.

According to whom? You?

IBJJF charges money for them to certify your BB and you do need the IBJJF at all. Only now, they are enforcing it so they can make more money.

Of course they need money they are trying to actually make BJJ a legit sport.

You need to learn more about BJJ next time.

Read BJJ theory and practice by Renzo Gracie, while i don't agree 100% of what he says, you can tell he wrote the book for actual martial artists not easily manipulable masses to exploit Rorion style.

It is not about researching.

We are telling you how is BJJ and you keep lecturing us on how it should like Judo.

What school do you belong to? who have you trained under?

According to whom? You?

Everyone that train BJJ knows it is disrepectful.

You know what. You train BJJ, right. Go and become an academy slut and get your blue belt from a higher degree belt than your current instructor from a different association.

You think you did right because he is a 7th Degree instead of a BB. Who the fuack gonna question a 7 th degree BB? Definetly not just a simple BB.

You come back to your club flashing your brand belt!

Congrats, you are just a creonte, a traitor, a belt whore.

You know what. You train BJJ, right. Go and become an academy slut and get your blue belt from a higher degree belt than your current instructor from a different association.

You think you did right because he is a 7th Degree instead of a BB. Who the fuack gonna question a 7 th degree BB? Definetly not just a simple BB.

I agree but his instructor is a Purple in this case IIRC.

I agree but his instructor is a Purple in this case IIRC.

Well, I am a purple belt 2 stripes, maybe he should listen to me as I could be a higher rank that his instructor.

Just kidding.

Yeah, except Rickson, Royce and im pretty sure a lot of instructors in Brazil, you only see this kind of thinking and this kind of shit in the USA only.

Never cross train, never see other things, just believe what i say and drink the koolaid, man are you so shallow that you need your own gang?

Jigoro Kano was an academy slut, he saved jujutsu from going the way of ninjussu.

Rickson, Rolls, Royce all "academy sluts".

You are like a kid who believes daddy is best and will always be, kudos to you.

I don't flash belts, unlike many of you i don't need a carrot in front of me to train, i train for myself, im not a donkey that needs incentives, learning new things is my "belt".

Only in your childish mentality.

And how that information would make you understand that BJJ etiquette is different from Judo?

It would show me where you get that mentality, because im pretty sure "BJJ etiquette" as you claim is not the etiquette practiced in Rio.

Do you think Rickson is a belt pimp for handing over blackbelts to people that had a background before him? A lot of brazilians simply laugh at the way BJJ etiquette has developed in a lot of USA schools.

Yeah, except Rickson, Royce and im pretty sure a lot of instructors in Brazil, you only see this kind of thinking and this kind of shit in the USA only.

You really do not get it.

that mentallity comes from Brasil. You get your belts from your insturctor and not from anyone else. especially a stranger at a seminar. no matter how many stripes he has on his BB.

You just have no idea at all.

If people has such attitude in USA, they will not go to seminar to get a belt, they will go to a seminar to learn JJ instead.

It would show me where you get that mentality, because im pretty sure "BJJ etiquette" as you claim is not the etiquette practiced in Rio.

Do you think Rickson is a belt pimp for handing over blackbelts to people that had a background before him? A lot of brazilians simply laugh at the way BJJ etiquette has developed in a lot of USA schools.

I think you are changing the topic.

I am assuming that at a certain time of the BJJ expansion, people would go to a seminar to get graded because they did not have the opportunity of training on a daily basis under a brasilian BB.

While I understand the lack of local instructors and its repercusions of the advancement of belts in BJJ, I think it is a different topic to calling someone a belt whore.

Your brazilians teamates that are laughing at you so called USA BJJ etiquette. Whoa! what more can I say?

LOL @ "belt pimps" "belt whores" and "academy sluts"

Martial arts politics are crazy, man.

LOL @ "belt pimps" "belt whores" and "academy sluts"

Martial arts politics are crazy, man.

The funniest is that you think you gonna change such mentality once you get your BB and open your own academy.

But guess what! You are just gonna continue the vicious cycle.

BJJ is organised like the Mafia.

The funniest is that you think you gonna change such mentality once you get your BB and open your own academy.

But guess what! You are just gonna continue the vicious cycle.

BJJ is organised like the Mafia.

I think there's something to be said for loyalty and respecting the person you train under, without calling it mafia-esque.

One thing that I also haven't seen touched on is that different teachers have different standards for belts. If someone who would normally be around a 3-stripe white came into our school with his shiny new blue belt, because *famous BJJ guy* gave it to him, it would look bad. Really, it would feel like the whole Kevin Casey thing. You wear the belt your instructor gives you. If you don't agree with it, feel free to change schools, but you don't get your instructor's teaching without his grading.

I used the term Mafia because BJJ is based on major groups that exist under a leader.

It is like big families with smaller team breaking away to create their own family.

People that think that IBJJF is THE federation and everyone are under them are wrong.

I used the term Mafia because BJJ is based on major groups that exist under a leader.

It is like big families with smaller team breaking away to create their own family.

People that think that IBJJF is THE federation and everyone are under them are wrong.

Gotcha. Just kinda sucks how you have to dance to their jig to be in the pan-ams and mundials. I wouldn't doubt if we see a large fracture in the community as a result of all that.

did royce know that you were from another school? If so it is sort of messed up for him to put you in that position. IIRC, he had done stuff like this often, heck he gave one of Relson's guys a black and Relson got upset over it.

Back