our last hope is wideman

Losing to a guy you hate does make you feel humiliated. But DC was not humiliated in any way in that fight. He went 25 minutes with the guy and looked like he could fight next month again if he wanted to. He wasn't finished. To me Jon did more, but neither guy really got that much accomplished.

Right. Many threads are being posted saying if DC did this, or if DC did that. Well the same can be said about Jones. If he had done something different, the results may have been different. Jones was the better fighter on fight night and who knows what happens next.

i'd like to see teh Chris clean out the MW division first before i say he can dethrone Jones

Jones' reach combined with the fact that he is the best MMA wrestler with a good chin means you can't beat him from far and you can't beat him from close.

Then add the fact that he is a dirty fighter and will threaten you with eye pokes and even land an eye poke ... I don't think anyone has much of a chance.

Gus blew his one chance. I have a feeling a rematch will be very different with a dominating win by Jones this time.

Well, originally Father Time won once again by technical submission (crucifix), but JAC (Jerusalem Athletic Commission) overturned the result.
tumblr_n3of76zMLb1sxqyhyo2_r1_500.gif

Humiliation was Nate Diaz in his last fight. Cormier won a round at least and competed.

Wideman? Do you mean Dennis Wideman? Not seeing it brah.

widemandown.jpg

Last edited:
The Chris is too small, Jones would hold him like he did DC and take his gas away, Weedman would have nothing left by the 4th and would be getting ragdolled.

Somebody also spelled his last name as Weedman. Make whatever you want of that.

Completely retarded.
Chris is WAY THE FUCK smaller than Jones. There is no way on God's green Earth Jones gets down to 185. This hypothetical makes absolutely no sense. It's like saying Aldo should try and drop down to fight Mighty Mouse.
So freakin stupid.

Right. Many threads are being posted saying if DC did this, or if DC did that. Well the same can be said about Jones. If he had done something different, the results may have been different. Jones was the better fighter on fight night and who knows what happens next.

Maybe if they ever rematch we don't get 100 threads leading up to the fight about how Bones is about to get crushed and thrown around unless he runs for his life from the killer known as Daniel Cormier. And maybe the "Who do you think will win" polls won't show Cormier by a landslide. And maybe the board won't set forth lectures about why a guy like Bones could never out wrestle a guy like DC.

Have you not seen how Jon does against MW's, Chris gets murked inside 3 rounds...

Weidmad is an arrogant,dirty fighter and is also fake. I cant wait for a new MW champ as it will be either Vitor or Anderson who smacks him down. He is just bad for MMA and how it should be viewed.

He got taken down and controlled on the ground. That's pretty humiliating for somebody like DC.

What fight where you watching? If being controlled on the ground is 30 seconds of someone not improving position or landing strikes then I guess so. DC did good for 3 rounds but didn't have a big enough gas tank for the Jon simple.

People do a lot of wishful thinking on this board.

The only fighter that stand a chance right now is Gus. Nobody came close to what Gus did. Gus isn't even so good technically speaking so we can safely say that height is a major factor in a fight with Jones.
If not Gus, then I'm afraid nobody for the moment.

People are still underestimating Weidman, while Jones win over Cormier is impressive, we've seen nothing new from Jones. Cormier was simply not the hype that he was made to be. The only thing that the fight really showed is that heavyweight is the most shallow division. Cormier only beat an old Henderson who struggled against Shogun and got knocked out by Vitor. Weidman is a well rounded fighter and he also has a decent reach. It will be competitive.

I'd say Gus has a good chance of beating Jones and maybe Rumble, then I'd say a few HWs have a good chance of beating him as well.

Back