Our boi is fighting this weekend!

200.gif

Then
200.gif

Then retirement.
I hope he beats Omari by KO or decision or by any means but if he lose he should call it a career

I hope he beats Omari by KO or decision or by any means but if he lose he should call it a career
He should Omari's a decent wrestler but he doesn't really have KO power, don't think he's legitimately stopped a guy since 2013. Tailor made match up for Weidman imo but you're right if he somehow contrives to lose it he should call it a day.

He should Omari's a decent wrestler but he doesn't really have KO power, don't think he's legitimately stopped a guy since 2013. Tailor made match up for Weidman imo but you're right if he somehow contrives to lose it he should call it a day.
Omari should be on a 6 fight winning streak if that fight was not a draw against Vettori was he losing against Vettori or not ?

No doubt Chris fans will see him win until he doesn’t <45>

Omari should be on a 6 fight winning streak if that fight was not a draw against Vettori was he losing against Vettori or not ?
I honestly can't remember that one mate so can't help you with that one. As I said though from the fights I have seen of his he's a decent wrestler with solid boxing but I can't see him ko'ing the Chris unless he really is just about done. Weidman's better striking should get him the win.

I used to have some sympathy for Chris but after the way he handled the Mousasi fight ending I will always root against him

Come on now, how many times getting slept is enough times. How many times is enough?
If you ask anyone that same question about James Vick they say give me more...

The GOAT MW Chris Weidman will get that W, win 2 more then fight Izzy for GOAT MW and the belt.

Still my boy

The GOAT MW Chris Weidman will get that W, win 2 more then fight Izzy for GOAT MW and the belt.

Still my boy
I am pretty sure that he will beat Omari BUT i am not sure that he will fight for the belt again

Imagine him dropping Weidman early for the lols.

I am pretty sure that he will beat Omari BUT i am not sure that he will fight for the belt again
Probably not but I will root for him regardless. His biggest downfall has always been his cardio. Competitive in every loss except maybe Reyes until he got tired and the opponents landed a big shot on him to end it. I still think the Moose loss was bs though

If you ask anyone that same question about James Vick they say give me more...
What, people hate Vick too?

Still my boy
Our boi is always one fight away for TS, if he wins this saturday he is getting a TS.

You think D1 is not enough against some Sambo guy?
1st thing......."Some Sambo guy" sounds a little disrespectful to Akhmedov.
He hasn't lost since April 2016, that's over 4 years ago.

I have no idea if the Sambo background of Akhmedov is enough to beat Chris's D1 wrestling.

What I DO know is when we look at their last six fights, I see a lot of victories for Akhmedov and a lot of losses for Weidman :
Akhmedov-Weidman1.jpg

So just judging by that Chris is up against it. Maybe he'll win and I'll be happy for him because he's a good solid family guy and it must be rough to keep losing.
It's quite obvious the UFC is trying to help Chris by giving him a guy who almost never wins by KO, which is how Chris keeps losing. So....it's probably going to be a ground game between the two and Chris is pretty good at BJJ so maybe he can get a sub locked in or maybe he grinds out a decision victory.

If Chris cannot win, then really he needs to call it a day. His close friendship / coaching with Matt Serra is really about the only thing keeping him in the UFC at this point, to state the fairly obvious.

1st thing......."Some Sambo guy" sounds a little disrespectful to Akhmedov.
He hasn't lost since April 2016, that's over 4 years ago.

I have no idea if the Sambo background of Akhmedov is enough to beat Chris's D1 wrestling.

What I DO know is when we look at their last six fights, I see a lot of victories for Akhmedov and a lot of losses for Weidman :
View attachment 788391

So just judging by that Chris is up against it. Maybe he'll win and I'll be happy for him because he's a good solid family guy and it must be rough to keep losing.
It's quite obvious the UFC is trying to help Chris by giving him a guy who almost never wins by KO, which is how Chris keeps losing. So....it's probably going to be a ground game between the two and Chris is pretty good at BJJ so maybe he can get a sub locked in or maybe he grinds out a decision victory.

If Chris cannot win, then really he needs to call it a day. His close friendship / coaching with Matt Serra is really about the only thing keeping him in the UFC at this point, to state the fairly obvious.

No, Mat is not the reason. Weidman is a bit delusional, still thinks he can become champ and beat Jones and is always one fight away from TS. Not a bad mentality for a fighter, but slowly becoming MW BJPenn

I miss those days when Chris Weidman was up and coming he looked a bit meh some fight then others like Munoz he had that highlight reel perfectly timed elbow.. and late stopage

Beating Anderson Silva, then fighting some past prime Brazilians but to be fair they were at the top at the time.

Oh and he is a Counter Strike player while most UFC fighters are Cock of doody players

He's finished tho.... can't see him making any kind of a return to the top.
"Oh and he is a Counter Strike player while most UFC fighters are Cock of doody players".
1513274550715.gif

Back