Oubaali vs. Donaire & Lipinets vs Addukakhorov PBC Showtime Boxing

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/oubaali-vs-donaire-tgb-promotions-wins-purse-bid-title-fight--146274

TGB Promotions secured the rights to the aforementioned bantamweight title fight through a purse bid hearing held Tuesday at World Boxing Council (WBC) headquarters in Mexico City. TGB submitted a winning bid of $401,000.

As per an incentive policy adopted in 2016 by the WBC, 10% ($40,100) of the total purse will be held in escrow and awarded to the winner.

“This innovation gives greater incentive for both fighters to win the fight,” Mauricio Sulaiman, president of the WBC declared after the purse bid results.

As the defending titlist, France’s Oubaali is entitled to the favorable end of a 60/40 split of the remaining amount, or $216,540. The balance—$144,360—will go to Donaire, whose appointment as mandatory challenger came courtesy of a unanimous vote by the WBC Board of Governors, with his elevated and past championship status entitling him to larger share of the purse than normally afforded such a contender.

nordine-oubaali_2.jpg

After Donaire’s last performance...WILL watch. I thought he was ready for the glue factory, but he might actually win another strap....Fun.

This fight may be fun as hell. We’ll see if Donaire has been in a war too many against Inoue. If the tank isn’t empty, he has the tools to time Oubaali coming inside. Can’t wait for this one.

Good fight.
If Donaire wins, there may be a rematch for the unified bantam champion title then. But maybe its Casimero - Oubaali. ;)

Seems like not that many people want to deal with Nery any more, well deserved.

Does Oubali have an American trainer? Google says his brother is his trainer but hard to imagine he came this far trained by his bro.

Does Oubali have an American trainer? Google says his brother is his trainer but hard to imagine he came this far trained by his bro.

Oubaali developed as a pro in a very shitty context, which does explain how long he had to wait to get decent fights. He was on the verge of giving up several times, getting hardly any money from boxing at all.

Bantamweights don’t draw much attention in Europe, France’s pro boxing is a wasteland and Oubaali was too dangerous for his own good, with his skill, athleticism and southpaw stance. Ali is indeed his coach, maybe he got some advice from others but he hasn’t had the money to get himself a full team anyway.

I really hope he beats Donaire - it won’t be easy at all -, as another money fight would only be fair.

Oubaali developed as a pro in a very shitty context, which does explain how long he had to wait to get decent fights. He was on the verge of giving up several times, getting hardly any money from boxing at all.

Bantamweights don’t draw much attention in Europe, France’s pro boxing is a wasteland and Oubaali was too dangerous for his own good, with his skill, athleticism and southpaw stance. Ali is indeed his coach, maybe he got some advice from others but he hasn’t had the money to get himself a full team anyway.

I really hope he beats Donaire - it won’t be easy at all -, as another money fight would only be fair.

I think Oubaali has a good style to beat an old Donaire. Donaire's showing was completely unexpected against Inoue, and I think a lot of that had to do with people expecting a little too much out of Inoue and not understanding that he didn't match that well with him (Inoue is pretty overrated in some senses and perhaps underappreciated in others). If Oubaali is mindful of that left hook, I'll think he'll plug away and win pretty clearly.

I think Oubaali has a good style to beat an old Donaire. Donaire's showing was completely unexpected against Inoue, and I think a lot of that had to do with people expecting a little too much out of Inoue and not understanding that he didn't match that well with him (Inoue is pretty overrated in some senses and perhaps underappreciated in others). If Oubaali is mindful of that left hook, I'll think he'll plug away and win pretty clearly.

He showed against Warren how well he can dictate the pace and move in and out at will against a taller opponent. That being said Donaire is no Warren. Oubaali's beard was never tested the hard way - which explains how he is still fresh in spite of his age -, we may have some answers in march.

He showed against Warren how well he can dictate the pace and move in and out at will against a taller opponent. That being said Donaire is no Warren. Oubaali's beard was never tested the hard way - which explains how he is still fresh in spite of his age -, we may have some answers in march.

That's true. Warren isn't a puncher, by any means, and Donaire's left hook probably remains one of the scarier punches in the division's recent (if not total) history. I will say that it would be nice to see a guy who has grinded hard for a long time and is already old for the division to get this win and then get a truly big fight against Inoue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back