ouano vs. vulkan

alaskajits

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
anyone own both? difference in sizes and how they compare/feel? found a gi my wife likes from them (pink) and i want to nab a black one while im at it~

Ouano is considerably heavier than the Vulcan. If your wife is 'busty', the Vulcan will fit better. If she's got curvy hips, the Vulcan will fit better. If she's tall and thin, the Ouano will probably fit better. That's my experience, anyway.

Also, I saw you're looking at the yellow Vulcan, and now the pink Ouano for your wife. Keep in mind, she can't compete in either of those at a lot of tournaments (white, blue, or black only - at least at the big events). If she's isn't going to compete right away, probably not a big deal. However, any time I see someone in any color gi than white or blue, I remember Rick Macauley saying, "if someone is wearing a colored gi, their jiu jitsu better be worth looking at".

Personally, I LOVE the green Koral, but I know my jiu jitsu isn't worth looking at yet.

i got a blue ouano and i love it! however i do advise you that the tops run a little small...

Ouano is considerably heavier than the Vulcan. If your wife is 'busty', the Vulcan will fit better. If she's got curvy hips, the Vulcan will fit better. If she's tall and thin, the Ouano will probably fit better. That's my experience, anyway.

Also, I saw you're looking at the yellow Vulcan, and now the pink Ouano for your wife. Keep in mind, she can't compete in either of those at a lot of tournaments (white, blue, or black only - at least at the big events). If she's isn't going to compete right away, probably not a big deal. However, any time I see someone in any color gi than white or blue, I remember Rick Macauley saying, "if someone is wearing a colored gi, their jiu jitsu better be worth looking at".

Personally, I LOVE the green Koral, but I know my jiu jitsu isn't worth looking at yet.

I'm pretty sure that quote doesn't apply to women. It's not like they are expected to be good anyway. :icon_chee

I just got a pair of Ouano gi pants to replace a pair I had been wearing, and they are comfortable as hell. Can't help you with the jacket, but the pants seem well made as well as the comfiness that I mentioned already. Cord rope string too, which is sweet.

I have an ouano coming next week, I will write up a review of it for you.

anyone own both? difference in sizes and how they compare/feel? found a gi my wife likes from them (pink) and i want to nab a black one while im at it~

hey could you do me a favor and weigh your vulkan for me please? I'd appreciate it, thanks.

And I've heard good things about Ouano but theyre pretty damn thick.

Anaconda, look for my Vulkan review here or on my blog, I believe I list weights for it.

The new ones are lightweight. They are not as thick as they used to be, the collar is supposed to be thicker than the Gameness Pearl though.

Back