Ouano gi pants - coil or flat string?

green_machine

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm looking to order a pair of gi pants made by Ouano. An important factor for me is if they have a rope string or a flat tapered string. The flat strings always get stuck on me when they are wet so I'm only going to order rope string from now on. I want to order a pair from NHBgear.com today so they are here by a tourny I have next weekend...they say they have the rope string, but I read on here a couple weeks ago about someone buying a whole Ouano gi and the pants had the flat string. Has anybody ordered a pair recently and can confirm which they have? I tried to contact NHBgear's staff but haven't heard anything back yet. Thanks.

taken from gi reviews website "The pants feel strong yet breathable. The "knee pad" starts on the mid thigh and goes all the way down to the angle. The draw string is a chord of rope, not a folded over piece of gi-pants material, which I like."

*disclaimer* this was for the previous model of ouano, not the 99s. I am not sure if they changed the closure system, I believe they mainly changed the top but not 100% sure on that.

Just buy whatever gi suits you best, if the pants have a draw string you can always replace it with whatever string you want later.

I'm looking to order a pair of gi pants made by Ouano. An important factor for me is if they have a rope string or a flat tapered string. The flat strings always get stuck on me when they are wet so I'm only going to order rope string from now on. I want to order a pair from NHBgear.com today so they are here by a tourny I have next weekend...they say they have the rope string, but I read on here a couple weeks ago about someone buying a whole Ouano gi and the pants had the flat string. Has anybody ordered a pair recently and can confirm which they have? I tried to contact NHBgear's staff but haven't heard anything back yet. Thanks.

rope string, i have them here

Back