OTHER than wrestling, BJJ, boxing and muay thai...

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
Which one discipline/combat sport would you rather have a high level background in before starting in MMA? For example judo, karate, TKD, catch wrestling, sanshou, sambo... hope everyone doesn't just pick sambo now that I mentioned it, lol.

definitely sambo though. kickboxing or karate would be good as well

Whatever style this is:

712rg1.jpg

Or maybe bar brawling style:

fryevtakayama2.gif

Ok not exactly combat sports but everyone is going to pick either sambo or karate - you'd be an idiot otherwise - like me.

I always max out speech/charisma.

Look-see-do

Gaidojutsu

And the most feared of them all: The Edmund Wushu

8xhWhJDoHxTOw.gif

Last edited:
Combat Sambo obviously. The best single martial art.

krav-maga, if they would only slightly alter the MMA rules.

Sanshou is sick : great kicks and takedowns.

they dominate mma.

There aren't many of them entering but those who did are legit. Fedor, Khabib, Minakov...

Stiker Nikita Krylov started training Sambo a bit and started submitting BJJ black belts with ease.

i'd probably say judo or karate as they both offer unique skills that are leveragable to mma. once you apply your skills to mma you need to train boxing, muay thai, bjj, wrestling anyway.

Torn between Freestyle and Panic wrestling

There aren't many of them entering but those who did are legit. Fedor, Khabib, Minakov...

Stiker Nikita Krylov started training Sambo a bit and started submitting BJJ black belts with ease.
fedor and khabib are high level judo black belts. judo + bjj seems to be a better and more complete package than sambo. imo.

Back