Other than Dana trying to pad Pettis' resume and make him a marketable superstar.....

I'm sure KO'ing the guy the previous champ couldn't do has something to do with it.

Other than that its LITERALLY no one else to take the fight and train for a 5 rounder in time.

Pad his record?

This is the part where I call you an idiot.

Move+along+folks....Nothing+to+see+here.+Don+t+feed+the+troll+_b52e0d8ee24294378bcd72f5a0fcf741.jpg

The fact is that Thomson does not deserve a title shot.

He did well against Melendez but his win against Healy was come-from-behind in the last round.

This fight id happening because A) Thomson, like Cerrone, Lauzon, and Stephens, is a great style match up for Pettis

And B) they want Pettis to rack up KO wins to hype up an eventual Pettis/Aldo superfight. Oh and there was no one else.

Everyone else was booked or coming off a loss. Thomson arguably beat Gil and tko'd nate, he deserves it imo.

He should have been the Strikeforce champ coming into the UFC, which would have got him a title shot anyway. Then he was the first person to finish a Diaz brother in 6 years (who was coming off of a title shot).

I think he deserves it.

Dont disrespect thomson like that. It makes you look foolish and also makes me believe you've never seen josh thomson fight.

Thomson is a great fighter, he just knocked Nate Diaz out and gave Gilbert Melendez all he can handle. He is a plenty worthy challenger to Pettis.

Because he's better than Melendez & he proved it multiple times, doesn't matter what the corrupt judges said.

Jesus Christ.

The majority of fans on this sport simply can't form their own opinions. They have to be coached every step of the way. If you don't know that Josh Thomson has an very, very, very good chance of winning this fight, there is little you understand about this sport.

Thompson is the highest ranked LW that's coming of a win, and he's definitely no joke

awesome fight tbh, op enjoys being a drama queen.

Thomson is a solid fighter, and the fight match up is pretty darn exciting.

Gilbert is already booked, Grant is injured.

Josh Thompson's stock is as high as it gets after that. He finished Nate and has a win over Gil, who arguably beat Bendo.

I think his skillset makes for a great fight with Pettis.

Scrap the Melendez fight and give it to him. He beat Bendo anyways

Thompson has a better chance of beating Pettis than Bendo did and might just win. That doesn't mean he deserved the title shot though. Just because you're good enough to beat the champ doesn't mean you deserve a shot if there's people ahead of you in line who've accomplished more. Both Grant and Gilbert were unavailable so Thompson was the best bet but that still doesn't mean he earned the shot he received his shot though outside conditions.

Please tell me again why is Josh Thomson getting a title shot?

Honestly, there was no better fill in for T.J.?

Please remind me why Sherdog.....

Respectfully submitted,

T.F.G

argualbly beat gil and destroyed nate diaz, stfu

Back