OTC diet pills/fat burner

StompHisFace**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i have lost about forty lbs. i train mma and boxing and i plan on boxing soon at 178lb but the last 15lbs isnt coming off...... anyone know what would be a good diet pill / fat burner to try ? i could go to the dr. and get put on adipex or something but i dont wanna feel geeked like a meth freak....

Last edited:
Any idea what your current body fat percentage is?

Diet pills? Why not just buy magic beans from the crazy man behind the dumpster?

seriously this is what muscle confusion is good for. not saying P90x if your already in shape. Cut a bit of carbs in general and have the entire cut out of carbs be sugar. If your waking up tired, you need more carbs unless your over 1800 calories, you don't need to go above that

Fun stuff like a fartlek run, marsoc short card and things of that nature are balancned enough to keep you burning calories through keeping your entire body involved while exercising. Ultimate frisbee then do a marsoc short card/similar 20 minute bodyweight upper body workout

Swimming would do a decent job except when people swim they eat 70% more calories after exercise due to body feeling cold so if your having an issue with how much your eating....not a good choice.

If you loose weight fast some peoples joints start hurting, so umm once in a whilie an elliptical wouldn't be a bad choice here and there I'm a fan of rowing machines, stay in the fat burning heart rate really isn't necessary you can go above it.

Eat enough protein gain 5 lbs of muscle will make you burn more calories 24/7 So some lifting will help you out.

Do not starve yourself your body goes into starvation mode it can take years to get your metabolism up again.

Last edited:
seriously this is what muscle confusion is good for. not saying P90x if your already in shape. Cut a bit of carbs in general and have the entire cut out of carbs be sugar.

i exercise all the time its like im at the brink.......... i need a little help but dont wanna do anything illegal......

i exercise all the time its like im at the brink.......... i need a little help but dont wanna do anything illegal......

ok jakc3d I think would be an appropriate thing here increases your metabolism while your exercising. But at your weight I dunno might just kill you.(seriously it might, do some research) but it allows you to work a lil longer and increases your metabolism. IMO if you don't have a problem walking after you workout your not trying to loose weight. On jacked I have to sit for 5-10 minutes after a hard workout before walking back to the barracks. Now that I'm home I have a car, its nice, I can sit while going home great combination. I don't think a very low calorie protein supplement immediately after working out would hurt you, in fact I think it would help. Help you get to your self declared wieght maybe in the long run but would help get rid of the belly/fat which is the first step.

if jack3d would kill you, just some coffee would make you a little more amped.

ok jakc3d I think would be an appropriate thing here increases your metabolism while your exercising. But at your weight I dunno might just kill you.(seriously it might, do some research) but it allows you to work a lil longer and increases your metabolism. IMO if you don't have a problem walking after you workout your not trying to loose weight.

imma check it out.....

imma check it out.....

IMO very unproffessional opinion if your true ideal weight is 178 and your 115 overweight your heart probably wouldn't benefit from getting amped up for exercise. Heres the trick don't eat a huge meal after you do a crazy workout but do eat something.

just saw the edit 15 lbs nvm go for it.

obviously just at 15... the gain 5 lbs weight thing is complete absurd so disregard that, just looked it up jack3d got a lot cheaper. They say half an hour pre workout, not true takes an hour. Do not take this if your about to sit for 4 hours you'll feel like a massive sugar rush. But I've found if you use it before workout you don't fall asleep in class after you workout (great plus to a college student)The claim you don't hard crash is true. Which is good cause if whatever you take makes you crash, whenn you crash, you stop burning calories.

Last edited:
You don't need a pill to lose weight, but it helps. Some things to incorporate if you aren't already doin them are.

Morning cardio on an empty stomach. (this coupled with yohimbine is an excellent way to get fat out of the fat cells.)
Make sure you are eating 500 calories less then maintenance.
Cut back on carbohydrate intake.

If you are adamant on getting a weight loss pill, Lipo-6 contains yohimbine which i mentioned earlier in regards to the morning cardio.

IMO very unproffessional opinion if your true ideal weight is 178 and your 115 overweight your heart probably wouldn't benefit from getting amped up for exercise. Heres the trick don't eat a huge meal after you do a crazy workout but do eat something.

just saw the edit 15 lbs nvm go for it.

obviously just at 15... the gain 5 lbs weight thing is complete absurd so disregard that, just looked it up jack3d got a lot cheaper. They say half an hour pre workout, not true takes an hour. Do not take this if your about to sit for 4 hours you'll feel like a massive sugar rush. But I've found if you use it before workout you don't fall asleep in class after you workout (great plus to a college student)The claim you don't hard crash is true. Which is good cause if whatever you take makes you crash, whenn you crash, you stop burning calories.

yeah i looked back and saw i wrote 115 ! i was like shit ! but im like at 195 and imma box at 178 and i eat like a horse man ! when i work out harder i just eat more i need some thing to control my appetite a little.....

You don't need a pill to lose weight, but it helps. Some things to incorporate if you aren't already doin them are.

Morning cardio on an empty stomach. (this coupled with yohimbine is an excellent way to get fat out of the fat cells.)
Make sure you are eating 500 calories less then maintenance.
Cut back on carbohydrate intake.

If you are adamant on getting a weight loss pill, Lipo-6 contains yohimbine which i mentioned earlier in regards to the morning cardio.

imma check that stuff out. i need something to help control my appetite a little i eat like a freaking horse man....... double rations of everything ! I EAT !

I'm no expert but I did just lose like 20 pounds from 170 (kind of chubby) to 152. However this just happens when I stop training because of work or anything like that I gain weight and when I go back I get down again. Jack3d and Animal cuts are decent supplements for cutting weight, I tried Animal Cuts but the number of pills to take are insane and gave it up. Some guys claim that on cuts they've lost a lot of weight but it rises your heart beat my heart rate was at around 67bpm on it which is high since I'm usually at like 55 or 54. I didn't like the feeling plus I do a lot of cardio so it was very weird, but you can try it and see how it goes. "Animal Cuts" is what I tried and have heard good reviews.

Jesus, I can't believe this shit-show has been allowed to go on this long unchecked. You don't need jack3d, Lipo-6, or any other bullshit over-priced marketing gimmick to help you lose 15 lbs. You already told us what your problem is, you overeat and you're aware of it. No pill is going to fix that. What you need is a dose of will power and just fucking eat the portions you know you should be eating. I can't believe some of the shit that has been suggested in this thread so far...it's no wonder the knowledgeable D&S experts have abandoned this forum.

Jesus, I can't believe this shit-show has been allowed to go on this long unchecked. You don't need jack3d, Lipo-6, or any other bullshit over-priced marketing gimmick to help you lose 15 lbs. You already told us what your problem is, you overeat and you're aware of it. No pill is going to fix that. What you need is a dose of will power and just fucking eat the portions you know you should be eating. I can't believe some of the shit that has been suggested in this thread so far...it's no wonder the knowledgeable D&S experts have abandoned this forum.

lol thanks man. i over eat thats the problem. i was hoping someone knew of a otc diet pill or something that would help control my appetite. i train hard and my body has to refuel. im a BIG eater and i know it.....

Come on man, really? Prescription stuff for a little will power? Get a food scale, figure out your caloric & macronutrient needs and eat the right stuff in the right amounts. When you're done, stop eating. Try intermittent fasting if you want. Or check out Lyle McDonald's page for other diet methods & info. You could also search for Robb Wolf or Mark's Daily Apple for more nutrition info. Don't be afraid of putting a fraction as much effort into your diet as you say you put into your training.

Back