OT: My Livestrong Day Event for May 13, 2008 - We Speak As One

randyrATX

White Belt
Reaction score
I was gonna use some lame title like "let's tap out cancer", but you folks deserve better. So let's cut to the chase.

May 13, 2008 is Livestrong Day. This year everyday people have the opportunity to hold their own events. My event is an online event called We Speak As One.

Before you read further: this doesn't cost you any money, you don't even have to leave your home, it just takes a little of your time.

Here's how it works.

What would happen, if on one single day, all of the people who are or have fought cancer spoke at once?

Better yet... Think of the impact of someone opening their email inbox on May 13th, 2008 and seeing 5, 10, 15+ emails sent from people they know, writing about how their lives have been affected by cancer.

Every person diagnosed, every survivor, and those who lost their battle have a story.

On May 13th, 2008 (LiveStrong Day) let all of the stories be told.

If you have been diagnosed and are battling cancer, are a thriver(survivor), or would like to honor someone who has lost their battle with cancer you simply write an email and send it to your family and friends on May 12, 2008 at 11:59 pm EDT telling the story of how cancer has affected your life.

Your email will have one of three subject lines:
This will make it more visible for recipients to see all of the people that they know who have been directly affected by cancer.

Cancer Fighter: Person's Name
Example: Beth will write an email talking about her battle with cancer and send it to all of her family and friends.

Cancer Thriver(Survivor): Person's Name
Example: Brad writes an email about his survivorship story and sends it to all of his family and friends.

In Memory of: Person's Name
Example: Amy writes about her brother's courageous fight with cancer and sends it to all of her family and friends.

The body of the email will be a personal message to your friends talking about your story or your loved one's story.

You can learn more about it at the website We Speak As One! - Home

Thanks for taking the time to read and I hope you can get involved or forward this on to a friend who might be interested.

Sincerely,

Randy Ramirez
Relson Gracie Austin Association

Back