OT: I just got ticketed for throwing weights in a public field.

Yah I didnt read the whole story, but on the cover of the Toronto Sun it said something about the one person was trying to help the other one who was bleeding really badly... and the psycho guy who was going to commit suicide anyways... decided to shank the other person aswell?

Thats basically what i heard, poor guy trying to help got killed and the murderer got tazed and is recovering now.

In other news Bowmanville had a huge fire.

I pick a field that nobody goes to and is already shit. So if anyone complains they can go fuck themselves.

I doubt anyone will, I've had some of the neighbors come out and ask what I'm doing. Think I'm awesome, and watch for a bit. One guy even came out and played the bagpipes for me.

One guy even came out and played the bagpipes for me.

That would have totally fucking rocked.

The ticket is kind of chickenshit, but for only $35, you would be better off just paying it and finding somewhere else to throw your iron.

i have a decent size piece of land behind my house i left a strip on one side about 15 feet wide and 40 feet long that i did not put lawn in and left dirt to flip tires and throw kegs and shit

How bad did you fuck up the lawn Brampy?
I do quite a bit of lawn / park landscaping and maintenance kinda stuff in my job, but I can't imagine writing a citation for something like that.

We had some kids chopping down some trees in a natural area that was on parks property. My supervisor said to go take care of it.
So I go down there and these two kids (teens) have dropped a huge tree with an ax, and hacking away at it while it was on the ground.

"What the heck are you guys doing?"

"Uhhhhh, we just saw a strongman lumberjack show on ESPN, and it looked fun."

...I gave them some pointers.

Thats basically what i heard, poor guy trying to help got killed and the murderer got tazed and is recovering now.

And that is why I would re-institute the death penalty.

you gotta fight the power on this one

912561998_m.jpg

Somehow get everyone to believe you are Greek, then not so subtlely imply that because the shot put is in the Olympics that they are obviously racist against Greeks, and make sure you get lots of greeks to come to the hearing.

Warning: you may get charged for trying to incite a riot.

We need to start a nationwide campaign where all lifters will call their local residental realtors and inquire about whether prospective homes come with a iron implememnt landing pit and or a tire flipping arena

How bad did you fuck up the lawn Brampy?
I do quite a bit of lawn / park landscaping and maintenance kinda stuff in my job, but I can't imagine writing a citation for something like that.

We had some kids chopping down some trees in a natural area that was on parks property. My supervisor said to go take care of it.
So I go down there and these two kids (teens) have dropped a huge tree with an ax, and hacking away at it while it was on the ground.

"What the heck are you guys doing?"

"Uhhhhh, we just saw a strongman lumberjack show on ESPN, and it looked fun."

...I gave them some pointers.

I would reckon I caused no more damage to the grass than an average game of kids playing soccer (with cleats)

I'm just going to bite the bullet and pay the fine though. While it would be great to fight the man on this one, my experience with city bureaucracy is that it will be more frustration than it's worth.

Seriously though, if I had the money, I think it would be a great idea to open up a "lifter's gym" in my area. Not a single facility in the GTA has a proper power lifting platform or bumper plates, and most places now don't even allow chalk. The demand for something like this is there, in that I often hear complaints from guys who are sick of the corporate gyms.

I wasnt exactly throwing weights... but my buddy and I just got ticketed for parking at the gym before 4. God damned gym nazis...

I'd still fight it. 35 bucks is 35 bucks. It's your civic duty to protest such unlawful bullshit. Today its "you can't throw that in the park", but what about tomorrow? No pullups on the monkey bars? No skinny dipping in the fountains? No RUNNING!?!?

It's a slippery slope, Brampton. Time to show Ontario what you're made of.

Is it already illegal to work out on playgrounds at certain times now?

Don't want any pedos doing pullups on the monkey bars.

Wyatt Earp wouldn't have taken the ticket. He would have told the cop, "Officer, I don't think I'm going to let you ticket me today."

Not a single facility in the GTA has a proper power lifting platform or bumper plates

University of Toronto Athletic Centre.

Back