OT: how sucky is it being sick?

miaou

barely keeping it together
@Black
Reaction score
Got my period, need to rant!

Few days ago I went down with the shittiest sorethroat known to man. Shit was so swollen there was no fucking way I could eat. Fever started Thursday night, didn't check to see how much because I had to go to school next day regardless. Friday night was 39.6C and I was trippin. Next morning, doc's spontaneous response to what she saw was "oh, your throat is really fucked up!". Blood tests were inconclusive about whether it is strep or mono, but the pills I'm taking smell like something that should not come anywhere near a living being and my piss has turned yellow-green.

I hardly ever get sick, except for the seasonal flu every now and then. Last flu was last March and the one before that was March 2005, so you get the picture.

So yeah, I can't train and I'm pissed. And this came right the very moment I finally started getting into a normal progression in ONE fucking lift after 1.5 years of fucking rehab! And I need to vent it out before I start ripping random noobs apart for being the dumbasses most of them are!

Thanks for listening. Now I'll go remove the sand out of my vagina.

It does suck. I have been sick a lot lately. Just gotta roll with the punches and do what ya can.

Sounds like tonsilitis tbh.

I used to get it all the time back in the day (before the dentist tortured me by ripping out my wisdom teeth). A good week on antibiotics clears it up good, and every once in a while, gives you a very healthy looking black tongue.

Hope it's nothing serious, good luck.
Don't forget to ingest loads of vitamin C.

I need to vent it out before I start ripping random noobs apart for being the dumbasses most of them are!

Stop venting and start ripping.

Hope you feel better. And I hear Vitamin D is the new Vitamin C. Especially this time of year (Fall/Winter).

My mono started with a devastatingly sore throat. Went to the docs for Strep test, came back negative. Blood work next. Results indicated mono.

Felt like shit.

I slept a lot and had to pull out of school, but other than that, not a single fuck was given.

Got my period, need to rant!

Few days ago I went down with the shittiest sorethroat known to man. Shit was so swollen there was no fucking way I could eat. Fever started Thursday night, didn't check to see how much because I had to go to school next day regardless. Friday night was 39.6C and I was trippin. Next morning, doc's spontaneous response to what she saw was "oh, your throat is really fucked up!". Blood tests were inconclusive about whether it is strep or mono, but the pills I'm taking smell like something that should not come anywhere near a living being and my piss has turned yellow-green.

I hardly ever get sick, except for the seasonal flu every now and then. Last flu was last March and the one before that was March 2005, so you get the picture.

So yeah, I can't train and I'm pissed. And this came right the very moment I finally started getting into a normal progression in ONE fucking lift after 1.5 years of fucking rehab! And I need to vent it out before I start ripping random noobs apart for being the dumbasses most of them are!

Thanks for listening. Now I'll go remove the sand out of my vagina.

Sounds like you've got a situation.

It does suck. I have been sick a lot lately. Just gotta roll with the punches and do what ya can.

True.

I've you've been sick a lot it could be bad luck (if it's a contagious disease, then what can you do), but it could also be factors you can look into changing (diet, sleep, etc).

Sounds like tonsilitis tbh.

I used to get it all the time back in the day (before the dentist tortured me by ripping out my wisdom teeth). A good week on antibiotics clears it up good, and every once in a while, gives you a very healthy looking black tongue.

Hope it's nothing serious, good luck.
Don't forget to ingest loads of vitamin C.

Yes, it is tonsillitis, but depending on whether it is from a viral or bacterial infection the medication treatment is different. Thanks for the wishes!

Stop venting and start ripping.

Hahaha!!!

Last edited:
That does suck! Good luck on getting well. I second the mention on vitamin D3 and avoiding a cold. I've been taking 8000ius of d3 in order keep a testing level between 60 to 70ng/ml for around 5 years. Only one short cold during that time. Before then, I'd have one or two flu bugs a winter season.

An article on D3 and how it helps high infections.

Higher vitamin D level linked with reduced risk of infection | Dr Briffa's Blog

True.

I've you've been sick a lot it could be bad luck (if it's a contagious disease, then what can you do), but it could also be factors you can look into changing (diet, sleep, etc).

Naa. I got ulcerative colitis. It flares up from time to time and now is one of those times.

It's only temporary. You'll be back stronger than ever before you know it.

Take it easy, do what you can, and just recover.

Could be worse. Sicknesses come and go relatively quickly. My constant fear now is injury, as those can wipe out months if not years of progress very quickly. I'm old now and don't heal as fast as I used to.

It sucks ass being sick. I missed training today because I got a concussion yesterday... sucks big time.

vaginititis, it is rampant this time of year.

My mono started with a devastatingly sore throat. Went to the docs for Strep test, came back negative. Blood work next. Results indicated mono.

Felt like shit.

I slept a lot and had to pull out of school, but other than that, not a single fuck was given.

I thought I had mono once for an entire year.

It turned out I was just really bored.

My throat got so dry the other day I had a swollen uvula for nearly a week...fucking shitty because it destroyed my breathing and I couldn't run.

Sorry to hear that, get well soon.
I just pulled a muscle in my upper back and so am unable to train to the level I would like, very frustrating. I can sympathise. Although my situation isn't nearly as bad.

Thanks for every response. I just needed to rant and the pub is gone!

Cheers!

I hate it so much, I try to do everything in my power to make sure my immune system is in tip top shape to fight of any cold. I haven't been sick for quite a while but have close thinking I had one because I started getting the sniffles and a slightly sore throat, but it pasted.

Pick up a barbell and sweat it out!

Seriously though, I know thats frustrating. Hope you get better quick snap

Sucks, brah!

I've been sick for a week or so. It's almost gone now, but I missed a day or two of training. I like to do some light cardio or hit the sauna and sweat it out. I just make sure I replenish my fluids immediately after. Maybe that's not the right way to go about it, but it makes me feel better.

Back