Oscar De La Hoya vs. Steve Forbes HBO

^ yep...but he's the best player in the game. I'll take him over anyone in the 4th.

Too much hate on Oscar De La Hoya in my opinion. The whole thing about him calling out fighters smaller than him is something that is laughable. Seriously.

First of all, Mayweather was calling him out. For years. "if oscar wants a piece of this i'll touch that ass too" after the fight with Balda-slow-mere is a good example of that and he wanted him earler in his career too.

The Pac-man fight is speculation. It started as what Oscar and Manny thought it was a joke because Golden Boy president (forget his name) brought it up and suddenly talks turned "serious". So serious that Oscar put Manny up against a dangerous JMM to help ruin it.

This whole thing about Oscar calling out smaller guys is being blown out.

This whole thing about Oscar calling out smaller guys is being blown out.

No, not so much. EVERY fighter he has talked about recently is smaller than him. You can call it speculation if you want, but thats the truth.

No, not so much. EVERY fighter he has talked about recently is smaller than him. You can call it speculation if you want, but thats the truth.

any truth to the rumor that ODLH will in fact fight a puerto rican except instead of the guys last name being Cotto its Calderon?

it would be interesting to see what a golden boy could do to an iron boy. :D

But iron is tougher and stronger than gold...hmmm.

any truth to the rumor that ODLH will in fact fight a puerto rican except instead of the guys last name being Cotto its Calderon?

it would be interesting to see what a golden boy could do to an iron boy. :D

But iron is tougher and stronger than gold...hmmm.

Hadnt heard! Did you see an article somewhere???

BTW, fight and fitness it is?

I dont think anyone is tryin to say Oscar isnt an amazing fighter and a warrior. Its just he has been a tad overrated in my opinion over the years.

It is great for boxing and just all around awesome how he has fought the best but the facts remain he has lost way more of those fights than he has won.

I was arguing with a kid at another forum who was telling me Oscar was the Greatest of his generation and one of the best of all time.

that is just not so.

Hadnt heard! Did you see an article somewhere???

BTW, fight and fitness it is?

lol...

Yea...vacation next week and then my lumps will be taken at Team Bunkerd. I can MT or Box or Roll for a reasonable price. As I get trucking I'll decide if I want to get into a smoker or something but for now its about getting back to having fun and working hard.

*grumbles*

Dude's everywhere. He's at 3rd street Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights. He's at Titanium Tuesdays and Thursdays.

funny you say that because I knew that and wondered how he made it to FnF. You worked with him yet?

He's there Tues and Thur nights and Saturday.

Tue and Thur are sparring days and Sat is putting in the work.

funny you say that because I knew that and wondered how he made it to FnF. You worked with him yet?

He's there Tues and Thur nights and Saturday.

Tue and Thur are sparring days and Sat is putting in the work.

Busy...Yeah, I started working with him Monday of this week, and Ill be training with him tonight. Is FnF close to Titanium? He must just go from one place to the other without breaks in between.

Titanium in Tenderloin right?

FnF is on 5th and Bryant...so door to door its about 20 minutes.

EDIT: Next time I go in I'll find out what the deal is with guests.

Nob Hill.

ahh the tender nob.

I did watch the OLDH fight. I saw Paris fight Mau Diaz at the longshoreman's hall years ago as a kid. On the same card was Eddie Croft. Another local kid who fought Barrera and Morales. Eddie trains guys in San Carlos or something?

Name sounds familiar but im a socal guy. The "local" guys arent really local to me...

Yeesh... I thought Oscar looked pretty bad. The oscar that fought Forbes just might get
KOed by mayweather. Forbes was landing alot of shots, Oscar was beat up at the end of that fight.

Oscar took some shots but to me it was clear that Oscar had little respect for Forbes' power and was looking to blast him with a counter left hook during many of Forbes' flurries. The biggest mark on Oscars face was the abrasion on his nose, not too bad overall I thought.

It was good to see that jab popping. That is going to be key against PBF, something Hatton learned and everybody already knew, you can't just walk in on PBF.

If Oscar stops pumpin that jab at for an extended time against Floyd this time, he's toast again. He did much better in the rounds he used that thing.

If Oscar stops pumpin that jab at for an extended time against Floyd this time, he's toast again. He did much better in the rounds he used that thing.

I agree. But I dont think he just stopped using the jab because he felt like it htough. i thikn Mayweather made it more difficult for him to use. Oscar didnt lose the fight. Mayweather beat him. Just how I feel. And im an Oscar DLH fan

Back