Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao

reading the half of the responses in this thread just solidifies why this is such a horseshit fight.

My answer to your theory of Manny KO'ing Oscar is that Manny does not have close to enough power to hurt Oscar. Oscar has a strong chin thats been tested against guys that hit much harder than Manny, And if you think Manny is going to walk Oscar down you need your head examined, if Manny tries to walk Oscar down Oscar is going to have the biggest smile on his face and KO Manny brutally within minutes. And Im a big Manny fan, but a realistic Manny fan. Reading posts like yours make me believe Oscar is one of the most brilliant fighters ever, I thought this fight would do little if anything for his legacy, but obviously there are those that think Manny is going to crush Oscar, brilliant matchmaking by Oscar.

those people who think Manny is gonna crush Oscar are the same that think he can probably KO Tyson...They love Manny maybe a little too much...Trust me as a longtime Pacman fan Ive come across some outrageous statements made by some of his fans.

those people who think Manny is gonna crush Oscar are the same that think he can probably KO Tyson...They love Manny maybe a little too much...Trust me as a longtime Pacman fan Ive come across some outrageous statements made by some of his fans.

KO Tyson? LOL now that is too much love for Manny. We will just have to wait and see then.

This fight is gonna be awesome. Manny by ko round 11. De La Hoya doesn't stand a chance. I can't wait.

Anyone think about the effect of cutting to 147 will have on oscar? How long has it been since oscars been at 147? thats 20+pounds he has to cut..IMO mannys chance is if the cut is too hard on oscars stamina/strength and manny fights the perfect fight. If he makes 147 and has the same stamina and strength fightnight he had against floyd then it will be a bad night for manny.

that is going to be a big fight, especially with De La Hoya retiring after the fight. I'm really glad they came to an agreement, it looked like for a while that they werent to going fight.

its going to be good, i'll be watching

i will bet anyone 100 dollars that oscar will win!! u pac man fans are blind by love, oscar is going to destroy him this fight is a complete mismatch if you dont agree put your money where your mouth is..

I think if Manny can out-point Oscar without getting too much damage by way of his speed--he'll win.

I think if Manny can out-point Oscar without getting too much damage by way of his speed--he'll win.

Oscar's jab alone is going to put too much damage on Pacman and set up a left hook with the kind of power manny has never experienced before. I could see Manny losing his confidence after the first round and the fight essenitally being over. Everybody acts like Oscar does not have speed as well, but he could be the quickest fighter Manny has fought as well not to mention the huge power he brings.'

Like some said earlier Mannys chance is that the cut to 147 is too much for Oscar and Manny can somehow take the fight into the mid to late rounds and Oscar somehow loses from exhaustion. The problem with this is Manny is not the style of fighter who likes to stick and move and take a fighter into late rounds. He wants to brawland end it early, and thats exactly what Oscar will want to do this fight.

I'll still watch it. Hope pacman pulls a miracle out his arse and wins. I like him very much. Not in a homoerotic way...

It's gonna be a bad ass fight. Too bad we have to wait clear to december for the damn thing!

i cant belive how manny delusional manny fans are out there. ill be the first to admit that im not the to fond of manny but thats not the reason i say he has 0% chance of beating ODLH. Oscar has every physical and technical advantage, speed is possibly the only place where manny holds a slight edge, regardless of manny's speed ODLH will beat him from pillar to post from left to right and up and down. having said this i hope manny is able to pull of a miracle or pack his gloves with some foring object and Knocks Oscar out for making such a bullshit fight.

i cant belive how manny delusional manny fans are out there. ill be the first to admit that im not the to fond of manny but thats not the reason i say he has 0% chance of beating ODLH. Oscar has every physical and technical advantage, speed is possibly the only place where manny holds a slight edge, regardless of manny's speed ODLH will beat him from pillar to post from left to right and up and down. having said this i hope manny is able to pull of a miracle or pack his gloves with some foring object and Knocks Oscar out for making such a bullshit fight.

Saying that he has 0% is a little moronic. It will be a fight.

I'm considering a picket outside of Golden Boy Promotions against this fight. Anybody with me?

I'm considering a picket outside of Golden Boy Promotions against this fight. Anybody with me?

Im there. ok giving manny a 0% chance is a bit extreme i'll be reasonable and give him a 3-7% chance of winning.

i was looking at the fightnews schedule and they have the ODLH vs Pacquiao fight taking place at junior middleweight does anyone know if this is correct?

C'mon isn't anybody interested to see what will happen? I mean even if Manny loses, I'm excited how well he is going to do. Manny is a big underdog coming into the fight and if he pulls off an upset all hell will break lose haha.

Back