Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao

Manny is a better fighter but the weight adjusment may prove tricky for him giving a sizeable edge to ODLH.

Being a fillipino and a huge manny fan, I am worried for pacman. I know freddie roach has been quoted for saying he thinks that manny could beat oscar, and freddie has trained oscar in the mayweather, so he knows what he is talking about, but still oscar is much bigger that manny, Manny's career started at 106....106 I'll root for manny but I really think this is a bad choice.

I love Manny too, but also am a fan of Oscar, he would do the same thing as Manny is right now, fight a guy bigger than him to make the biggest fight, and Oscar has done that. I agee Manny will lose this fight not just because of size, but Oscar is also the most skilled and maybe even the quickest fighter, even at 35 years old, Manny has faced, I think its a bit too much too deal with all at once. Oscar by KO in 4.

Oscar is just hype and I never liked him. Manny has a good chin and if he can take Oscar's punches there is no doubt in my mind Oscar is going to get knocked out.

Oscar is just hype and I never liked him. Manny has a good chin and if he can take Oscar's punches there is no doubt in my mind Oscar is going to get knocked out.

Absolute nonsense. Wont even address Oscar being "all hype", thats just stupid. If you think Manny can KO Oscar could you please send me whatever it is you are smoking, that must be some good stuff. And I highly doubt Manny will be able to take Oscar's left hook without being hurt very badly. Oscars jab will probably be harder than any punch Manny has ever been hit with before.

Absolute nonsense. Wont even address Oscar being "all hype", thats just stupid. If you think Manny can KO Oscar could you please send me whatever it is you are smoking, that must be some good stuff. And I highly doubt Manny will be able to take Oscar's left hook without being hurt very badly. Oscars jab will probably be harder than any punch Manny has ever been hit with before.

He is all HYPE the only good boxers IMO that he has beat is a old Chavez, old Whitaker, he lost to Mosley twice, Trinidad, Hopkins, I still don't know why he gets so much praise for being great when he is just good. Like I said before if Manny can take Oscar's punch Oscar is going to get knocked out. Manny is relentless and is going to go after Oscar and if you have watched Oscar's fights before he does not like getting hit, thats why he lost to Mayweather, Oscar stopped throwing the jab in the later rounds because every time he did Floyd would tag him everytime he threw the jab. Oscar has never faced anyone like Manny, Manny is just going to keep coming forward like Margarito did with Cotto.

Everybody has their two cents...

*yawn*

Let's just wait and see what happens.

wtf, pacman is only +200? He should be +400 or something at least D=<

He is all HYPE the only good boxers IMO that he has beat is a old Chavez, old Whitaker, he lost to Mosley twice, Trinidad, Hopkins, I still don't know why he gets so much praise for being great when he is just good. Like I said before if Manny can take Oscar's punch Oscar is going to get knocked out. Manny is relentless and is going to go after Oscar and if you have watched Oscar's fights before he does not like getting hit, thats why he lost to Mayweather, Oscar stopped throwing the jab in the later rounds because every time he did Floyd would tag him everytime he threw the jab. Oscar has never faced anyone like Manny, Manny is just going to keep coming forward like Margarito did with Cotto.

Will you admit youre an abolute moron when Manny not only doesnt knock Oscar out, but doesnt even hurt him in the least bit? Becasue it wont heppen. Comparing floyd, who Oscar very nealy beat, to Manny, shows that you're not too much onto boxing. Oscar unless he is hit by a bus the day before the fight will probably destroy and at worst win a lopsided dicision against Manny, and Manny is probably my favorite fighter right now, you are just biased, congrats on that though.

Will you admit youre an abolute moron when Manny not only doesnt knock Oscar out, but doesnt even hurt him in the least bit? Becasue it wont heppen. Comparing floyd, who Oscar very nealy beat, to Manny, shows that you're not too much onto boxing. Oscar unless he is hit by a bus the day before the fight will probably destroy and at worst win a lopsided dicision against Manny, and Manny is probably my favorite fighter right now, you are just biased, congrats on that though.

I'll man up and admit I was wrong if Manny looses. Last time I checked nearly beating someone does not mean a win. You have no answer to my last response except for your rationale of "Oscar getting hit by a bus etc" and you say I'm not much into boxing? Whats your rationale for thinking Oscar is going to win besides your bus theory?

you got some crazy people that think manny will ko oscar. what the f--k are you thinking. the only thing that manny has over oscar is youth. oscar is bigger, stronger, smarter and better. manny will get cought like he did fighting marquez, but this time the game is over. pacman is gonna be put to sleep. manny wont know what to do when oscar pops the jab and finishes him with the left.

I'll man up and admit I was wrong if Manny looses. Last time I checked nearly beating someone does not mean a win. You have no answer to my last response except for your rationale of "Oscar getting hit by a bus etc" and you say I'm not much into boxing? Whats your rationale for thinking Oscar is going to win besides your bus theory?

My answer to your theory of Manny KO'ing Oscar is that Manny does not have close to enough power to hurt Oscar. Oscar has a strong chin thats been tested against guys that hit much harder than Manny, And if you think Manny is going to walk Oscar down you need your head examined, if Manny tries to walk Oscar down Oscar is going to have the biggest smile on his face and KO Manny brutally within minutes. And Im a big Manny fan, but a realistic Manny fan. Reading posts like yours make me believe Oscar is one of the most brilliant fighters ever, I thought this fight would do little if anything for his legacy, but obviously there are those that think Manny is going to crush Oscar, brilliant matchmaking by Oscar.

Back