Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao

By "event fight" I assumed you meant a forgone conlusion of a fight.
The only reason I'm saying anything is because that fight is definitely not a forgone conclusion. Oscar has a solid chance of pulling off the upset. He got sloppy and played into floyd's hands the first go round.. he did the same with Mosely their first go round.. he improved the second time around. I think he would improve a bit against Mayweather as well..
and like I said, DLH is one of only 3-4 people from 154 down that pose a threat to PBF's 0 imo. Thats a small club and I dont think any fight between Mayweather and anybody in that club is just an "event" fight.

LOL hey at least Im with you on this one. I saw Oscar as having a very good shot in the rematch.

As did I. After he was gonna beat Mayweather, He was gonna fight Pacquiao.

If De la Hoya has one more fight left in him, it should be against Cotto, assuming he beats Margarito. I think Cotto should probably win his fight against Margarito, setting up a huge pay day against the Golden Boy. With PBF "retired" this would be the biggest fight possible at the weight class

If De la Hoya has one more fight left in him, it should be against Cotto, assuming he beats Margarito. I think Cotto should probably win his fight against Margarito, setting up a huge pay day against the Golden Boy. With PBF "retired" this would be the biggest fight possible at the weight class

Yeah but you cant blame DLH for wanting the Mayweather rematch. As much as people paint Oscar as a pure businessman who only fights for money, when it comes down to it he is a warrior, and he does care about his own legacy, which has sadly been left in question.
Think about his fight with Hopkins, Oscar didnt need to make that fight, it only happened because Oscar had the balls to make it, and that tells you about what kind of fighter he really is.
Sure PBF would have been another huge paycheck, but after the Forbes fight can anybody really believe he wasnt gonna give his all to get that win? Do you really think it meant shit to him to beat Mayweather? Thats a fight that could have tied off his whole career and really fixed the way people will remember him.
That said I agree, and Cotto fight would have been in order afterward, just like it is in order now if he wants to make the most out of his last fight.
The Pac fight was a joke to begin with, and all parties involved probably knew Roach would never let it happen.

This thread is riudiculous. NO WAY this fight will ever happen. and if it does there 0% chance of pacquiao winning.

Shane is stronger physically than Oscar. He benches 325+ which is insane for somebody his size. I dont think it hurt him at all fighting Oscar at a higher weight.

That said, I'm apathetic about this really. I just see Oscar has a load of skills and still has good speed and I've seen him make adjustments in the past. I've yet to see somebody make Floyd come to them with a mouth full of jabs. I think it would be interesting to see floyd in that position. I would love to see what adjustments he would make when his opponent refused to go wild on him(so he could clinch or spin his opponent once they got off balance from missing) when he went to the ropes and opted, instead, to stay outside and chuck one-twos to build up points. I mean, I don't think even you'll argue that Oscar has one of the better jabs in boxing. And, if he did that, Mayweather may get wreckless at some point.

Just let it go man. You cant beat kabuki. Hes a know it all. I've seen it many times. Peace out.

Shane is stronger physically than Oscar. He benches 325+ which is insane for somebody his size. I dont think it hurt him at all fighting Oscar at a higher weight.

That said, I'm apathetic about this really. I just see Oscar has a load of skills and still has good speed and I've seen him make adjustments in the past. I've yet to see somebody make Floyd come to them with a mouth full of jabs. I think it would be interesting to see floyd in that position. I would love to see what adjustments he would make when his opponent refused to go wild on him(so he could clinch or spin his opponent once they got off balance from missing) when he went to the ropes and opted, instead, to stay outside and chuck one-twos to build up points. I mean, I don't think even you'll argue that Oscar has one of the better jabs in boxing. And, if he did that, Mayweather may get wreckless at some point.

Shane's physical strength didn't mean a whole lot at 154, and considering he lost arguably 3 of his 5 fights there (including what some feel was a gift decision in the re-match with Oscar), one could say it did indeed hurt him.

However, that said, I don't disagree with your second statement, I just think that if Oscar was going to do all that he was smart enough to have done it in the first fight. There's no reason to not have, and less reason to think he'd suddenly wake up and be the guy to beat Floyd in the re-match.

Just let it go man. You cant beat kabuki. Hes a know it all. I've seen it many times. Peace out.

I'll kindly thank you to stay out of grown folk's conversations with this High School pot-stirring nonsense. If you've something to offer into the conversation, then by all means do so. Otherwise there's no need to waste effort with scorned tidbits of envy.

Pacman balloons to about 150 when not training. I can see them meeting at 147.

So Pac should fight at 3 pounds less than his "balloon" weight? Come on. You guys are delusional if you think this is a viable option.

Pacman balloons to about 150 when not training. I can see them meeting at 147.

Yeah, and Oscar balloons bigger than that. Even if Pacman managed to bulk up to 147, training shape, Oscar will still be a lot bigger come fight time. Pac should focus on cleaning out his division, and not on unimportant superfights with bigger boxers.

Right now he's at 139 for his fight with Diaz and in great shape. It's hard to picture him coming in at 147 and being at his best. Oscar would likely tool him, and this is coming from a diehard Pacquiao fan.

Looks like it's gonna happen now. Roach even says Pacquiao could knock out de la hoya.

IM EXCITED!!!

So Pac should fight at 3 pounds less than his "balloon" weight? Come on. You guys are delusional if you think this is a viable option.

this is getting out of hand...why is this sanctioned?

The NSAC is owned by GBP.

Back