Oscar De La Hoya Vs Kostya Tszyu

Pastafarian

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Oscar ducked Tszyu his entire career...

There is no quesiton Oscar is greater in terms of accomplishment, but Tszyu is massively underrated due to his fluke KO loss to Vince Philips. He has the single most potent straight right in LWW history imo. Great KO power and timing.

If these 2 were to meet in their prime, who would you pick and why?

Fluke KO loss? lol Phillips whipped his ass in that fight. Trademark Juan Diaz/Nate Campbell style.

There are only 4 guys who can REASONABLY claim DLH ducked them, one of them is a STRETCH.

Kostya Tszyu isn't one of those guys.

Fluke KO loss? lol Phillips whipped his ass in that fight. Trademark Juan Diaz/Nate Campbell style.

There are only 4 guys who can REASONABLY claim DLH ducked them, one of them is a STRETCH.

Kostya Tszyu isn't one of those guys.

who are the four?

what weight class are we talking about for DLH and Tszyu? Weren't their primes at different weights?

who are the four?

Lug correctly named one. DLH went after Mayorga, not Winky, Winky was calling him out.

The other three are as follows:

Jose Luis Lopez
Frankie Randall
Azumah Nelson

Although Azumah, as Tam stated, should have been ashamed of himself calling out Oscar when he did, as Oscar was still just a kid.

i learn something everytime I post up here...thanks.

odlh keeps tszyu at the end of his telephone jab for 8-9 rounds and wins a decision.

Winky should thank Mosley big time. Without Mosley, he will most likely still be hidden from the public eye. Speaking of Jr. Middleweights... The division looks like shit right now.

^ and its the reason Cintron should take a shot at 154 and try to win one of the straps.

The Viper is spent, but he still kick Cintron's arse. It's Vernon's division now.

I don't know about that one. Cintron might fare a lot better against a guy who's not mugging for four out of three minutes every round.

Best fighter Cintron beat = Spent David Estrada

Cintron is not some kind of super wrecking machine.

Tszyu's trainer said Oscar ducked him.... a couple of times.

Soo.... I guess I'll take his words some random dude on the interwebs.

Back