Oscar De La Hoya Urges Rory MacDonald To After The Finish

I think Rory respected BJ too much. Had he really wanted the finish, he would have gotten it.

Last edited:
I think a lot of BJ surviving can be attributed to BJ himself, not just Rory.

I think a lot of BJ surviving can be attributed to BJ himself, not just Rory.

Indeed, but people that only value finishes don't like it when you factor in the opponent.

Two fighters are responsible for the result of a fight, but so few understand this.

Never seen a fight where a guy was doubled over from a body shot and someone rushed in to finish him and be ktfo. Nope. Never.

weirdfinish.gif

He could have if he wanted too but you know how the fighters are nowadays. It's more about the win than an impressive finish. Not that beating the piss out of someone isn't impressive, but it just leaves something to be desired when you know that a fighter can finish, and he chooses not too. Takes away from their greatness imo.

He could have and should have. BJ was badly doubled over in pain from those body kicks at one point, but Rory seemed to back away.

A guy like thiago alves would've finished bj in that position

Rory said he was pizzed he didn't finish him, but I don't believe it. It looked to me that he very intentionally held back when he knew he was outscoring him. A couple of times he just held him on the fence with no action, none, so the referee had to break it up.

Back