Oscar De La Hoya Urges Rory MacDonald To After The Finish

Well he certainly wasn't known for being a finisher as a boxer.

How old are you? He had a beautiful left hook, and was a great finisher.

What he didn't do was get in brawls with people he could outclass.

I think if he kept at it in the 3rd round instead of goofing around he could have tko'd him easily. Still a dominate fight by Rory

Dominate is a verb.

"Dominant" is the correct word to use in this situation.

Rory coulda definitely finished BJ, I think he was being extremely cautious since BJ is a dangerous opponent and I don't blame him. He annihilated BJ anyways so it really doesn't matter. Would love to see Rory finish Condit tho.

It's hard to KO BJ because he has a tough steel chin. But he has a flabby body and those body shots make BJ curl up like a girl. I even wonder why Rory didn't swarmed BJ with body punches when BJ curled up, he clearly does not want to be hit in the body.

It's hard to KO BJ because he has a tough steel chin. But he has a flabby body and those body shots make BJ curl up like a girl. I even wonder why Rory didn't swarmed BJ with body punches when BJ curled up, he clearly does not want to be hit in the body.

big head, small body

7 pages and no gif?
its obvious why he didnt
Rory+MacDonald+Poorly+Ali+Shuffles+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

He could have and should have. BJ was badly doubled over in pain from those body kicks at one point, but Rory seemed to back away.

A guy like thiago alves would've finished bj in that position

Thiago would go for a take down and get guillotined.

Who knows if he could have.

The big thing is why Rory didn't push harder for it. There seemed to be a lot of opportunities where he could have went for it and didn't.

This coming from the guy who coasted against Trinidad.

how about his fight with Mayorga? he went for the finish in that one.

its a case of do as i say, not as i do. just because he made a tactial error in one fight doesnt mean what hes telling rory is wrong.

Thiago would go for a take down and get guillotined.

I laughed :icon_lol:

Thiago Alves might be the most overrated fighter ever (He's talented, though).

Last edited:
lol, even boxers can see when certain mma guys don't go for the finish.

but de la hoya is a just bleed fan though, right???

:rolleyes:

Wait wait wait, after watching a fight that goes to decision, someone says the winner could have finished...

WOW! I've never tought of that!

*mindblown*

it's true, I know BJ is tough as nails but he was ready to go back to Hawaii and eat BBQ without portion control, even then, Rory didn't have the fire to stop him despite his athleticism and conditioning.

This is why I love guys like Wanderlei, Aldo, Condit--they have one mindset in the ring and that is to kill you. Not all this useless footwork dancing and gelled up hair going into a fight.

Wait wait wait, after watching a fight that goes to decision, someone says the winner could have finished...

WOW! I've never tought of that!

*mindblown*

huh?

i'm pretty sure that de la hoya was thinking this during the fight.

like most sane people were.

it's true, I know BJ is tough as nails but he was ready to go back to Hawaii and eat BBQ without portion control, even then, Rory didn't have the fire to stop him despite his athleticism and conditioning.

This is why I love guys like Wanderlei, Aldo, Condit--they have one mindset in the ring and that is to kill you. Not all this useless footwork dancing and gelled up hair going into a fight.

bingo.

I personally believe he just wanted to punish BJ

Well, Anderson proved you can both dance, humiliate and finish your opponent in quick succession but if you can't do that I agree ,you should solely focus on finishing the fight( if you're able, of course).

Back