Oscar de la hoya puts Santos Alvarez on BLAST

Probably weren't watching Canelo then, because hes the best boxer in the world, and the most complete boxer in the world.
In about 15 years you're not gonna be able to really talk about boxing because you skipped an entire generation.
If he goes 70-1-2, people will say "It must've been awesome watching Canelo"
And your gonna go "I was too busy watching Camacho tapes from 1990, I missed it."

Time to start watching some of these guys before its over.
Ok, I'll try to watch some and get back to you but if what i see is robotic, stiff, unimaginative and dispassionate I'm not going to lie to anyone just so I don't seem like I'm not with it. We'll be lucky if boxing is able to keep a market for itself at this rate, only fan gullibility sustains it. And as far as "camacho tapes" there are a million fights that I'd like to watch a million books I'd like to read and a million broads I'd like to bang, I can't get around to all of them, it's one of those things you learn with age, you can't do everything and be all things to all people. So, you pick and choose what you can do while you do the things that take priority over them.

You are missing out.
It's a rare thing seeing a guy improving and learning so much after critical fights.
Canelo is the embodiment of this. Not only he improved after the Floyd fight, but his improvement after the GGG fights is even more dramatic. Dude is a boxing great.

And that comes from someone that was cheering for GGG both times.
I don't know, after the mayweather loss, he looked like that fucked up his head enough to where he wanted to be mayweather and that certainly doesn't impress me. It was like watching george foreman bear dancing after he was kayoed by ali. I'll check out more but if I don't see a lot i'm not going to lie about it to please fans of his.

Oscar's drug issues aren't getting better.
He's not going to have the longevity of the other devils of the sport if he can't keep away from that shit.

Nor is it right, especially the baseless Charlo assumption.

Showing character, for instance, also means getting over Lara’s loss to Alvarez.

I agree with the Charlo assumption. But I think that's totally fair considering how Canelo publicly threw him under the bus and got personal with his attacks.

Once again, Canelo fires back with more personal attacks. It's as if Canelo thinks it's OK to throw dirt on Oscar, but Oscar does it back Canelo continues to retaliate.

Ok, I'll try to watch some and get back to you but if what i see is robotic, stiff, unimaginative and dispassionate I'm not going to lie to anyone just so I don't seem like I'm not with it. We'll be lucky if boxing is able to keep a market for itself at this rate, only fan gullibility sustains it. And as far as "camacho tapes" there are a million fights that I'd like to watch a million books I'd like to read and a million broads I'd like to bang, I can't get around to all of them, it's one of those things you learn with age, you can't do everything and be all things to all people. So, you pick and choose what you can do while you do the things that take priority over them.
I think you'll come around on him.

nXDEg5C.png

Big talk from someone who has consistently done everything wrong outside the ring since he retired. What else? Oh he avoids Alcoholics Anonymous.

I love hearing the 'look how much canelo has improved' narrative everytime he beats a B grade fighter despite losing multiple rounds, they speak as if we are watching a prime Roy Jones, when in reality he has simply not proven this huge amount of improvement because his opponents are not capable of testing him. I will believe it when I see it.

So Prime Oscar vs Canelo? I pick Oscar

I love hearing the 'look how much canelo has improved' narrative everytime he beats a B grade fighter despite losing multiple rounds, they speak as if we are watching a prime Roy Jones, when in reality he has simply not proven this huge amount of improvement because his opponents are not capable of testing him. I will believe it when I see it.

At MW against a matured Canelo? I doubt it, especially considering Oscar never showed well at the weight. Peak 54 Oscar against a young Canelo at 54, maybe.

As for improvement, the wrinkles he has shown from the second Golovkin fight onwards are not things we were seeing when he was fighting Trout, Mayweather and Lara. He's consisently rounding out his game and showing new things. Not all that typical for a guy who has been hyped since his teens and who has been set financially since 23 or 24.

this is more coherent than his Mir/Cunningham commentary, I'll give him that

At MW against a matured Canelo? I doubt it, especially considering Oscar never showed well at the weight. Peak 54 Oscar against a young Canelo at 54, maybe.

As for improvement, the wrinkles he has shown from the second Golovkin fight onwards are not things we were seeing when he was fighting Trout, Mayweather and Lara. He's consisently rounding out his game and showing new things. Not all that typical for a guy who has been hyped since his teens and who has been set financially since 23 or 24.

The problem is that he has not fought fighters in that period really comparable to Trout Mayweather or Lara has he? You can't beat BJS or Callum smith then use them as evidence compared to totally different fighters. I don't buy it sorry.

roy jones' career was literally can crushing

Attachments

• Screenshot_11.png
    Screenshot_11.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_12.png
    Screenshot_12.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 1
The problem is that he has not fought fighters in that period really comparable to Trout Mayweather or Lara has he? You can't beat BJS or Callum smith then use them as evidence compared to totally different fighters. I don't buy it sorry.

Jacobs and Golovkin aren't on a similar level to Trout and Lara? Saunders, at the very least, is stylistically quite similar to Trout and Lara and Jacobs, when Canelo fought him, was a very astute boxer.

I agree, he has made adjustments... but at the same time, he hasn't faced that level of opponent again,

Back