Ortega will never be champ

Ortega is tough as nails but with Max and Volk in the division there's no clear way to being champ.

To be fair being a solid top 5 (possibly 3rd) in the division isn't anything to scoff at, it's just that two of the best FW's since Aldo was in his prime are are currently at the top of the division.

That being said put some fuckin respect on the man's name, dude was part of one of the best FW fights in history last weekend.

How the fuck did Volk beat those submissions?

by all accounts , Ortega possesses that BJJ clench strength that separates BJJ blackbelts and REAL BJJ blackbelts He has it

Those finishes were in deep So how ?

Part of me doesn't want to take away credit for Ortega's performance that fight but another part of me really wonders if KZ just showed up that shitty that night.

If I recall correctly, KZ said he doesn't remember anything from the fight after the spinning elbow in the second round. It was pretty close up to that point and afterwards Brian had his way with him. I think watching Ortega beat up an actual zombie for 3+ rounds lead people to think he was on a level that matched Volk and Max but he's not quite there.

He’ll move up to 155 once guys like Dustin, Gaethje and Chandler retire. His frame is perfect for that weight class anyway.

He came very close.

He's Benavidez 2.0

I would say more like Yoel, both very tough, both capable of very dangerous one off moments but not quite enough to be champ.

The issue for me is that I don't think they really have the killer mentally to them, when they have someone hurt making the right decisions and just keeping up the pressure so they can't escape.

I would say more like Yoel, both very tough, both capable of very dangerous one off moments but not quite enough to be champ.

The issue for me is that I don't think they really have the killer mentally to them, when they have someone hurt making the right decisions and just keeping up the pressure so they can't escape.
No way.

Don't compare the car crash dummy that is Ortega to Romero the beast.

Back