Ortega vs Zabit not signed - Ortega Wants Five Rounds

Good, I think Zabit should be forced to fight in at least one five rounder before he gets the title shot. Whether or not they make it to the final bell is none of my concern, but his reluctance to accept one is pretty alarming. Hypothetically if he does become champion what does he expect? He's going to be finishing all the best guys in the world within 2? Shit he's not doing it now against unranked dudes.

Its mind boggling guys are supposedly deserving title shot without being in a 5 rounder.

Ortega needs to stop fucking around and fight,

Nowhere does it say it imply that Zabit is asking for a 3-round fight
Come on dude. It's common knowledge he's avoiding 5 round fights.

I can see Zabit losing to most of the top ten in a fiver rounder

Zabits manager already said they were going to do a 5 round fight after people whined about the last 3 rounder. Love how Ortega trying to make it seem like his idea. Of course he wants 5 rounds, that means main event money. Zabit will destroy him. He is no slouch in grappling at all...

it's a fight between a couple of guys that are a few levels BELOW Holloway and Volkonavski. The outcome would not produce a threat to the belt holder. Volkonavski and Holloway are just WAY better than the rest of the FW's and none of the other FW's deserve a headliner.

You were saying Volkanovski wasn't that good not long ago. Your opinion is irrelevant.

Zabit will become the first champ ever to never fight a 5 round fight

just embrace the goatness

you know there was a time when the only 5 round fights in the UFC were title fights right? Main events were 3 rounds. So champions had an "edge" because they had been to the "championship rounds" before.

Get off the forum and go watch some MMA before posting.

You were saying Volkanovski wasn't that good not long ago. Your opinion is irrelevant.

xd5q2dq.png

Khabib's TS was his first 5-rounder. I'm sure it happens sometimes
He was on a 9 fight win streak and had just dominated his opponents. Zabit gassed out in his last 2

He was on a 9 fight win streak and had just dominated his opponents. Zabit gassed out in his last 2

Oh yeah Zabit is no Khabib, I was just saying it's not absurd for one's first 5-round fight to be a TS.

Zabit's cardio looked suspect in his last few fights but him and his team are confident he can overcome it by switching up his style to be less energy-demanding and doing more high altitude training. They've so confident they've asked for his next fight to he a 5-rounder.

Oh yeah Zabit is no Khabib, I was just saying it's not absurd for one's first 5-round fight to be a TS.

Zabit's cardio looked suspect in his last few fights but him and his team are confident he can overcome it by switching up his style to be less energy-demanding and doing more high altitude training. They've so confident they've asked for his next fight to he a 5-rounder.
I hope he succeeds. His boxing is crisp. He should stick to that IMO and tone down on spinny shit. It would be crazy if we got another dagestani world champ

Back