Ortega vs Zabit not signed - Ortega Wants Five Rounds

95% of fights are 3 rounds!
He is scared to fight that's why he ran to Dana and cried 'please give me 5 rounds'.

he also faked an injury against Zombie.

people who are scared in life avoid time and will delay it. That's what the coward Ortega does.

So what's the deal these days? Championship fights and headliners are 5 rounders? I don't think this is worth being a headliner.
They're two top 5 guys. One is a big name and the other a rising prospect. When you have so many shitty fight night cards, why would you think this one isn't deserving?

I fully endorse this. They could headline a fight night. Sub cdf vs makhachev for that fight instead. Zabit and his 3 rounders are getting on my nerves now.
I don't think Zabit has it in him to pull off his explosive and crazy style for more than 15 minutes. He's gassed in the third against pressure fighters twice now. KZ, Ortega and AV would drag him into deep waters that he wouldn't be able to swim in.

They're two top 5 guys. One is a big name and the other a rising prospect. When you have so many shitty fight night cards, why would you think this one isn't deserving?

you make some good points. Maybe it is a headliner.

Not a Ortega fan but i agree with him.
Zhabit want the Hespec ,he better do the necessary step up and do 5 rounders.

Good match up. But the fact that Brian is demanding a 5 rounder tells us that he is not confident in beating Zabit. I personally don’t care if its a 3 or 5 round fight. But if its not a title fight, why ask for a 5 rounder? Why make up new rules that you believe favor you?
Both guys are trying to get the fight under whatever circumstances benefit them. That's the game.

Fuck Zabit, let someone else expose him

Time to rebook that Zombie vs Ortega fight

<{jackyeah}>

Fair demand, and it should be 5 rounds. Zabit is normally pretty exhausted in 3rd round because he done so much spinning attacks

Considering Zabit throws all his spinning shoe shine tip tappy shit to wow the judges without much damage being inflicted that tends to get them early rounds in the bank without having to deal with the consequence of throwing them kind of strikes will take more out of you rather than your opponent down the stretch. Ortega besides the Edgar fight tends to struggle in 3 rounders as he's usually a slow starter playing catch up like against Guida & Brandao... so I can see why he wouldn't be confident in a 3 rounder vs Zabit. In a 5 rounder he has more of a chance to pull guard or lock onto a sub whilst also being able to test his opponents heart in the later rounds when it gets tough.

I don't think Zabit has it in him to pull off his explosive and crazy style for more than 15 minutes. He's gassed in the third against pressure fighters twice now. KZ, Ortega and AV would drag him into deep waters that he wouldn't be able to swim in.
If he doesn't then he has no business talking about title fights.

It should be a main event in ESPN so it can be 5. If not it has to be 3.

I would be for fighters agreeing to a 5 round fight though.

Bit of a style clash but interesting fight if it happens...

I mean Zabit has to bite the bullet eventually and do a 5rd fight if he has any intention to be future champion.
If he refuses, then it's clear he is worried about his cardio and if i was his opponent I would train myself EXTRA hard on cardio to really have the clear edge there and nail Zabit in Rd4 or 5 i you can make it to the later rounds.

smart move but that piece of garbage Ali is his manager so chances are he'll weasel his way out of that

So Ortega is demanding a main event slot.

Doesn’t seem too crazy. But it will likely be an ESPN+ slot.

If he thinks he’s getting a PPV main event slot then it’s probably the UFC who is balking, not Zabit.

Both guys are trying to get the fight under whatever circumstances benefit them. That's the game.

Nowhere does it say it imply that Zabit is asking for a 3-round fight

Back