Ortega picked Zombie apart!

Fossor

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I like how people are trying to diminish Ortega's work and protect their Korean boy.
"He was injured by the elbow and wasn't the same, blah blah blah"
But let's not forget that T-City dropped him already in the first. And all 5 rounds were mostly the same - Ortega staying at range and landing hard shots on KZ's head.
Ortega was better at jabbing, better at defense, he switched stances, he took KZ down, played with his head by faking takedowns.
Ortega looked like the prime Jon Jones. He was a better martial artist!

I'm really impressed by Ortega's improvement. His striking is really polished now, and it seems like he has lots of new tricks in his arsenal. Coupled with his grappling skills, he's a much more well-rounded fighter today compared to 2 years ago.

Not sure if this version of Ortega can beat Volk or Max, but those are fights that I would want to watch.

Not sure if this version of Ortega can beat Volk or Max, but those are fights that I would want to watch.
He should work on the leg kicks imo, both defense and offense. And if he stays at range instead of walking into punches the fight against max would be much more competitive.

Last edited:
Can’t believe KZ fans actually thought he was the best striker at FW and had the most power.
{<jordan}

Really frustrating fight. The pawing at eachothers gloves.

Still looks slow. Ortega will get another starch by Max

Can’t believe KZ fans actually thought he was the best striker at FW and had the most power.
{<jordan}

It’s hard to dispute that KZ has the most precise punching in power in the division. He’s also pretty accurate aswell, he was just perplexed by everything Ortega threw at him.

For the first time in his career, Ortega wasn’t trying to force the finish. He simply took what was given and flowed. Managed distance with the jab, threatened with the takedown if KZ started sitting on his punches, and stepped out whenever he landed power instead of sitting in the pocket continuing to trade.

No knock on KZ, Ortega just showed high level Fight IQ. KZ is still a problem for anyone in the division.

It’s hard to dispute that KZ has the most precise punching in power in the division. He’s also pretty accurate aswell, he was just perplexed by everything Ortega threw at him.

For the first time in his career, Ortega wasn’t trying to force the finish. He simply took what was given and flowed. Managed distance with the jab, threatened with the takedown if KZ started sitting on his punches, and stepped out whenever he landed power instead of sitting in the pocket continuing to trade.

No knock on KZ, Ortega just showed high level Fight IQ. KZ is still a problem for anyone in the division.
Holloway destroys KZ, Kattar by KO, Zabit by UD, Josh Emmett by brutal KO, Volk by TKO...KZ isn’t a problem for anyone worth a damn.

Holloway destroys KZ, Kattar by KO, Zabit by UD, Josh Emmett by brutal KO, Volk by TKO...KZ isn’t a problem for anyone worth a damn.

I think Holloway should be Champ right now but the division is starting to figure him out courtesy of that unwise Poirier rematch. He’s 1-3 in his last 4 for that same reason.

Back