Ortega/Diaz fans, stand up!

If giving props and expressing fallibility is what flex looks like to you, then we're obviously on a different wavelengths. Some people just see something positive and need to make it negative. This behavior reveals more about you than you realize. But sorry if I offended you or whatever. Not my intention lol.
Your first words are acting like you're some know-it-all when literally you called 2 favorites to win their fights, along with thousands of other people and didn't come in calling themselves some "tarot" guy. It's no big deal but if you can't even see it, I assume this is just how you normally are as a person.

So I'm the resident "tarot" guy, and I picked Lawler and Volk to win. Obv I'm happy with the result, but I'm not here to gloat. Far from it. I've been wrong before and I'm sure it'll happen eventually (or maybe soon) that I go 0 for 2 on a night.

But I'll be damned if I wasn't impressed with the efforts of Ortega and Diaz. Both guys had plenty of opportunities to fold under their opponent's pressure, but both gave us some THRILLING moments, particularly Ortega. To come out for the fifth round like he did after the beating he had taken, and after the psychological blow of that third round, showed that warrior spirit that I believe we all tune in to see. And Nick Diaz managing to put together the performance he did with his head clearly in a weird place (based on comments) was nearly as impressive.

Both Ortega and Diaz have some changes they could make. Both can (and likely will) come back stronger if they want. Anyway, just wanted to say that as someone who was cheering against both guys, it was still crystal clear that they were warriors of the highest degree. Heads up Diaz army and whatever you call the Ortega fans. Ortega Brigade! Or something. Anyways, stand by your guys. They'll be back.
Well said TS, mostly in agreement, but I doubt we see Nick fight again.

Your first words are acting like you're some know-it-all when literally you called 2 favorites to win their fights, along with thousands of other people and didn't come in calling themselves some "tarot" guy. It's no big deal but if you can't even see it, I assume this is just how you normally are as a person.
Ahhh, I see. You're triggered by the tarot part. Who hurt you buddy? Did someone read your gf's cards and tell her you were a super sensitive weenie? Unlike most, I act the same online and on the internet. If you think tarot is "pretentious" then you maybe should review your vocab primer.

At 5 ft 9 Ortega should step it up & fight guys his own size at lw

This is what bugs me about MMA fans. You all know damn well every fighter checks this website. The guy just came back and said he wants to get it again and everybody in here is shitting on him. Like these guys see this and that has to get in their head. Give the guy a break Jesus Christ. Like the toughest guy in the octagon got hit my 2 really not good looking punches and just says I'm done. And now everyone wants to act like he's a bitch after taking shots that would have knocked roy Nelson out

If giving props and expressing fallibility is what flex looks like to you, then we're obviously on a different wavelengths. Some people just see something positive and need to make it negative. This behavior reveals more about you than you realize. But sorry if I offended you or whatever. Not my intention lol.
I’m sure it wasn’t your intention and I’m sure you didn’t get your feelers hurt by him either.

Boring? There are things to criticize about that fight but being boring isn’t one of them imo. Nick and Robbie threw down, at a really crazy pace. Sure it was an old man fight, but come on. Ngannou-Lewis or Woodley-Wonderboy 2 was boring. Nick vs Robbie was nutbars.
It was immediately obvious in that fight that if they kept the pace someone was getting finished, or we were about to witness something truly special. They were on some kind of pace where they’d be absorbing 300+ sig strikes… was a straight up slug fest. If that’s boring idk what to tell people lol

Diaz is fuckin DONE.

Ortega I think is just not championship material. A step below the elites.
I think he'll be a HOFer when it's all said and done, but yeah he'll go down as one of the vert good, maybe even great but not elite fighters; the same category as guys like Cowboy Cerone.

It was immediately obvious in that fight that if they kept the pace someone was getting finished, or we were about to witness something truly special. They were on some kind of pace where they’d be absorbing 300+ sig strikes… was a straight up slug fest. If that’s boring idk what to tell people lol
Right? It was a little sloppy at times, but it was definitely exciting. I think ppl have selective memory. Seeing an old, slow Nick was kind of jarring, and ppl remember that visual and overlook the good things. Even in his current form, Nick has some pretty nice hands. He landed some really great combos on Robbie, and fought really well with his back on the cage. Nick definitely won rd 1 on my scorecard, but that liver shot in rd 2 changed everything.

Ortega won't be champion. He definitely brings it but he can't get over those last few hurdles.

Right? It was a little sloppy at times, but it was definitely exciting. I think ppl have selective memory. Seeing an old, slow Nick was kind of jarring, and ppl remember that visual and overlook the good things. Even in his current form, Nick has some pretty nice hands. He landed some really great combos on Robbie, and fought really well with his back on the cage. Nick definitely won rd 1 on my scorecard, but that liver shot in rd 2 changed everything.
It was timing vs speed. Speed tends to be more visually rewarding until something special happens. But nick IMO had the better technical boxing. He just couldn’t keep up.

It was timing vs speed. Speed tends to be more visually rewarding until something special happens. But nick IMO had the better technical boxing. He just couldn’t keep up.
Yeah. Diaz is deceptively good with his hands, compared to how he fares in the "eye" test. Watch him hit pads and he looks like a stiff. Watch him crack skulls and he looks like a G. I think Frank Shamrock said after their fight something along the lines of "[The shots] don't hurt. They just confuse you. And before you know it it's too late." (very much a paraphrase from memory). Anyways, Diaz is a stud.

I’m sure it wasn’t your intention and I’m sure you didn’t get your feelers hurt by him either.
My feelers is always hurt. Too many rough edges on this crazy world lol. I kid. Too old to care what strangers think, but constantly taken aback by the negativity all the same.

Back