Orlando Sanchez?

thewhiterooster

dana hates sunscreen
@Brown
Reaction score
what's the deal with this guy? the only time I hear his name is when he comes out of hiding to compete and kick butt in Abu Dhabi. according to bjj heroes (I know, bjj heroes not totally accurate or complete), he's only competed in grappling 17 times. I'm just wondering what his story is. rare for someone to have so much talent on not compete much.

My guess is that the talent pool isn't as deep at his weight class. With that said Orlando is a freak beast. He seems really strong and agile for a human fudgsicle.

I'd be interested in hearing from people who've trained with him.

Iirc, former wrestler, struggled with addiction, got out, started BJJ, won competitions; probably not in that order. One of his ADCC runs was shat on because he won every fight on points by stalling or something.

I always think of Cyborg pulling guard, sweeping, backtaking and choking him in about 45 seconds at ADCC. It was a fantastic performance.

He's extremely dull, so he's not going to get invites to the pro events. ADCC is about his only chance to make $$$ as a competitor.

I'd be interested in hearing from people who've trained with him.

Not a lot of personal experience, but I've trained at his gym a couple times and know a number of his ex-students well. The collective take here seems pretty close to the mark.

Iirc, former wrestler, struggled with addiction, got out, started BJJ, won competitions; probably not in that order. One of his ADCC runs was shat on because he won every fight on points by stalling or something.
There were A LOT of steroids in there somewhere too.

One of the most boring people to watch.

Wins almost always on 2 points or an advantage.

He stalled his way to a win without scoring an points.

He did have one sub... but basically he sumo’d his way to gold....it was the worst adcc run ever, just matched with calasans run, which to my luck happened to be the same fucking year,... worst adcc ever

Dudes boring as shit. That said he’d smash my 175 lb Brown belt ass to pieces on the mats or da streetz.

Him vs big mac would be the best sleepaid ever

Probably focusing on running his school. Then does ADCC for some extra dough and prestige.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back