Orlando BJJ schools

armtriangle

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
well, i am moving to Orlando.

I will be out near UCF, where do I train?

i like gi bjj, but like to do no-gi occasionally.

ATT on Dean and University or the GB on Alafaya and University. That GB is new, but you don't want to drive downtown daily to train at the main one anyway. That drive sucks. Fuck the traffic on the 408 near downtown.

i am choosing to live on the east side because thats where my work is

seems like a pretty nice place, carjackings? serious?

we have a couple of neighborhoods picked out, both off of Alafaya. I will be working on Alafaya too, right across from UCF. I will check those out... that GB right on University sounds good, really close. may be a bjj snob but i dont want to roll with a bunch of college noobs though

Here is where I would go.
http://www.marciosimas.com/

Are you choosing to live on the east side or are you going to UCF? Watch out for the burglaries and car jackings.

looks good, i will definately check you guys out. not alot of gi classes though from your website. how many ppl do you have in an average class?

*Edit- i read "here is where i go" not "here is where i would go"

i am choosing to live on the east side because thats where my work is

seems like a pretty nice place, carjackings? serious?

we have a couple of neighborhoods picked out, both off of Alafaya. I will be working on Alafaya too, right across from UCF. I will check those out... that GB right on University sounds good, really close. may be a bjj snob but i dont want to roll with a bunch of college noobs though

if you're going to be living near UCF you should check out the ATT over there. Driving back and forth from Gracie Barra is probably going to be about 40 minutes to an hour round trip with the traffic.

i call shenanigans on the carjacking thing too. i lived in orlando for seven years and never heard anything of the sort, even in the rough neighborhoods (which is no where near UCF).

i call shenanigans on the carjacking thing too. i lived in orlando for seven years and never heard anything of the sort, even in the rough neighborhoods (which is no where near UCF).

I worked at OPD in the Richmond Heights/SW area until 2004, so I think I know what I am talking about. Although that far east is OCSO jusidiction (near Valencia & UCF), it still is known for such crimes and the high level of heroin distrubution. If you only knew how many vehicles are stolen or jacked on the east side and dumped off Tangelo Park, you would understand what I am saying. But this is a grappling forum so I am not gonna sit here and discuss police statistics.

if you're going to be living near UCF you should check out the ATT over there. Driving back and forth from Gracie Barra is probably going to be about 40 minutes to an hour round trip with the traffic.

They opened a Gracie Barra on the corner of Alafaya and University (Where the ATT you're talking about used to be) and ATT moved to Dean and University next to Pounders. So he has a choice.

Armtriangle, the guys are good at both places. A lot of them at the ATT don't train gi though (Many still do). Good wrestlers too. The GB is so new I don't know how many training partners you're going to have and all that, so that's another thing to consider.

They opened a Gracie Barra on the corner of Alafaya and University (Where the ATT you're talking about used to be) and ATT moved to Dean and University next to Pounders. So he has a choice.

Armtriangle, the guys are good at both places. A lot of them at the ATT don't train gi though (Many still do). Good wrestlers too. The GB is so new I don't know how many training partners you're going to have and all that, so that's another thing to consider.

thanks guys for all the help. i will definately checkout both places.

jeez, i haven't been back to orlando in a while, didn't realize gracie barra opened a place by UCF. shits done changed...

Most of the people at ATT Orlando are now training in gi too.

Back