Original Champ Champ Randy Couture speaks on Jon Jones’ P4P status

Randy has done more for MMA than Jones can ever dream of

If it wasn't for Dana being an emo bitch and 'banning' Randy Couture from the UFC - including from even mentioning his name or even letting Randy corner his son... then yea, more people would remember.

Presently, the newer age of fans have zero clue about the impact that Randy Couture had on MMA... not to mention the amount of fighters that he coached and trained.

agreed

It’s my wedding day, how DARE you.
tenor.gif

<JonesDXSuckIt>

They both have the right idea. Jon's headed to heavyweight and it's 'cause he's smart. Jon knows he's struggling more than ever and so he had to change something up. What makes Jon different though is most people do that after a loss, but Bones knows. His frame might even be better at heavyweight. His legs could easily support a few more pounds.

Randy is correct. Jonathan needs to step up and make the move.

thoughts?

To me he’d have to blitz it at HW the way he did at LHW and stay clean the whole time to even be considered.

I disagree. There are guys who can fight at two weight classes and some who can't. If a guy cleans out his division and doesn't fight in another weight class I have no problem with it. It was much easier to fight in different weight classes pre-USADA wink-wink.

How about passing drug tests? His resume is already leaps and bounds ahead of everyone, nobody debates that, at least nobody with a brain. But the fact he has spent his entire career thus far as a 6'5" 80 inch reach LHW while failing every fucking drug test he couldn't dodge ... yeah not great when being considered for a completely hypothetical, 100% subjective, and absolutely arbitrary P4P ranking.
Randy passed all of his drug tests tho...

<Wink>

No fan of Khabib here but............

There have been a few fighters in MMA history with that aura of just being un beatable - Anderson, GSP, Bones, Fedor and Aldo went thru periods with that feeling that they couldn't lose. But none of them other than Maybe Fedor for a time had it like Khabib.

Jon is already GOAT lhw, GSP is Goat overall.

It's all personal opinions.

Overall p4p GOAT resume:

1. Jones
2. Stipe
2. Fedor
3. Silva
4. Khabib
4. GSP
4. Aldo

Overall p4p GOAT skills:

1. Jones
2. Khabib
3. Stipe
3. Fedor
4. Silva
5. GSP
6. Aldo

Current p4p:

1. Khabib - 3 dominant consecutive title defenses, 29-0.
2. Jones
3. Stipe

4. Everyone else

Back